You have four different choices when it comes to picking a class in Ghost Recon Breakpoint. The four classes vary in combat style, and they’re great for everyone to use in a group. Some of them are better suited for group-based playthroughs, though. Here’s what the classes are in the game and what they can do.
The Classes of Ghost Recon Breakpoint and What They Do
You’re the front of the group. The face, but the face has a massive gun pointed at you. You’re going to devastate your foes, and you’re not going to take the sneaky or careful route about it. You want to be loud about killing your enemies because avoiding them is not your style. You want to hit them faster and hard. You can do it with your full arrangement of weapons. Your favorite choices are going to be assault rifles and shotguns, meaning you like to be up close.
- Class Technique: Recoil reduction and damage resistance. Kills heal and extend the duration
- Class Item: Gas Grenade – Throw an area of effect device to damage foes over time.
- You’re going to have more health.
- You gain a bonus with assault rifles and shotguns
The Field Medic
You’re going to find this class is pretty useful if you’re going to be in the middle of a group. Should one of your teammates go down, it’s your job to rush over to them and get them back up. That’s not to say you can’t be lethal when you’re playing solo. You’re always going to have the chance to bring yourself back to life should you get downed. If you want to remain stealth, you can carry bodies around and hide them before anyone notes.
- Class Technique: Healing Drone – Heals and revives friendly teammates.
- Class Item: Medkit – Hand-deployable device to heal injuries and gain extra health.
- You’re better at reviving.
- You can carry bodies faster.
- You can self-revive yourself.
You are the definition of stealth. You’re going to sneak up on your enemies and surprise them before they know what to do with you. Take them out quickly and effectively in pure silence. You’re likely going to lead the group into the heavily-guarded compound by taking out foes left and right. You’re going to find the shadows are your friend and they never disclose your location, not unless you want them to do so.
- Class Technique: Cloak and Run – Disappear behind a smokescreen.
- Class item: Cloaking Spray – You’re going to become invisible to drones.
- You gain a bonus to stealth.
- You have faster movement speed.
- Your suppressors on handguns and submachine guns do not have reduced damage.
Long-range is your jam. You’re going to find yourself relying on mountains, hills, and sniper rifles as you pick off your foes one by one. If you’re smart about it, you can eliminate a single enemy who wandered off too far from the group without anyone else knowing. While sniper rifles are your ideal choice, it’s not a bad idea to carry an assault rifle or submachine gun to support yourself when you engage the enemy.
- Class Technique: Armor Buster – high-penetration bullets with bonus damage and muzzle velocity.
- Class Item: Sensor-Launcher – Marks enemies in a large area.
- You can hold your breath longer, looking down sights.
- You have a bonus to sniper rifles and DMRs.