Pokémon Go Team Lounges were a way for members of the same team to meet up at physical locations, hang out, and relax during a Pokémon Go Fest. Because the Pokémon Go Fest 2020 will be a virtual experience, there will be no physical locations for this gathering. Instead, Niantic is creating virtual team lounges for players to meet up with their teammates through a website.
These websites will be a way for trainers to take a break from a day of catching Pokémon during the event to interact with teammates. There will also be giveaways available from these websites, and live updates will happen on the website, so players do not miss out on any time-limited events actively happening in Pokémon Go. The websites will also highlight particular trainers during the event, and Pokémon Go developers may even stop by to chat with available players and members of the community.
We don’t know what type of gifts and giveaways will be happening. The Virtual Team Lounges will be hosted here.
Here’s the livestream breakdown about what to expect when attending the event:
- Pokémon GO Fest 2020 Global Kickoff: On Friday, July 24, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), join your fellow Trainers and start the festivities together with a kickoff keynote by John Hanke, founder and CEO of Niantic!
- The Makings of a Pokémon GO Fest: Ever wonder what it takes to make a Pokémon GO Fest event happen? Tune in and hear from Liz George, manager of community and social, and Laura Warner, game designer, to find out how we make the adventure happen.
- Print at Home Kit: How to Build a Gift: Feeling crafty? Learn how to build a real-life Gift directly from the artist who created it, Craig Kitzmann! Download the Print at Home kit now to get ready.
- Pokémon GO: Developer Insights: Hear from Matt Slemon, product lead for Pokémon GO, as he shares some insights and highlights of what’s to come.
- Getting Started in the GO Battle League: New to the GO Battle League? Fear not—we’re here to help you build a team featuring Pokémon you’ll encounter during Pokémon GO Fest.
- Social Impact and Diversity: Learn all about what Niantic is doing in the realm of social impact and diversity.
- Pokémon GO Fest 2020 Commercial Behind-the-Scenes: Filmed and directed remotely with team members in London, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Tokyo, our Pokémon GO Fest commercial “Look Closer” was inspired by our global Trainer communities and relationships. In this behind-the-scenes segment, you can learn about how this commercial was made. Plus, you can look forward to an appearance from the director, Rian Johnson, himself!
- On-the-GO Update!: Catch live event updates, and play Pokémon GO trivia for the chance to win prizes! This live segment will be occurring several times throughout the livestream.
- Avatar Fashion Show: Share a screenshot of your avatar’s style using #PokemonGOFest2020 for a chance to be featured in this segment!
Make sure to tune in when everything kicks off on Friday, July 24.