For many of us, gaming is a social activity and a way to spend time with our buddies worldwide. If you are wondering how to add and remove friends on Xbox Series X, this guide will show you how.
If you press the Xbox button on your controller, this will open up the console’s main menu. Hit the RB button to open up the People menu. This will bring up your friends list and give you the option to search for new ones.
If you want to add a friend, go to the Find Someone option, put in their gamertag, and then add them as a friend. If you want to make sure you have the right person, you can view their public profile.
To remove someone from your friends list, go to them in the People menu, and you will have an option to remove the person. Maybe they missed one too many Raids in Destiny 2, and it’s time to let them go; we won’t ask any questions.
Below, you can find a quick step by step description of the process:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Under Profile & system, select Choose a profile, select your gamertag, and then sign in to your account.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide again.
- Under People, select Find someone.
- Search for a gamertag. Be sure to pay close attention to the gamertag’s spelling and spacing.
- Select Add friend to add the person’s gamertag to your friends list.
- Select Friend or Favorite to choose what kind of information you share with that person. You can also select Share my real name to help your friend recognize you.
- Select Submit.
If you wish to send a friend request to someone you just played a game with, you can find them in your “Recently Played With” tab under the People option.