Just like the Plains of Eidolon, and Orb Vallis, the Cambion Drift open-world area in Warframe features fishing. It is a little different this time, as these Infested fish will fly just about the ground. The different types of fish will only appear during the areas two cycles when Fass or Vome is in charge of things on the surface.
When Fass and Vome duel in the Cambion Drift, the losing Wyrm’s body will be blown to pieces, scattering residue across the map. Both of these residues can be picked up and used as Bait for the Infested Fish, and can be accessed in the fishing menu. To open the fishing menu, just equip one of your fishing spears.
You will need to drop the bait into the water that the fish flow through when they are not floating through the air. You cannot catch the fish when they are in the water, and can only do so when they are floating.
You can bring your fish to Daughter, located in the Necralisk, and marked on the minimap by a small fish symbol. You can cut the fish here, and trade in parts for Daughter tokens that you will need to rank up with the Entrati Syndicate. You can also get the Spari spear from her, which is the best way to catch these fish.
Cave Fish can only be found in the caves that run beneath the surface of Deimos.
- Duroid – A living fossil hearkening back to the Orokin era, this elusive fish hides below the surface of Exocrine pools in the deepest caverns it can find.
- Aquapulmo – These fish were purposefully contaminated with the Infestation as an Entrati ‘experiment’. They feed off the organic deposits in cave systems.
- Kymaeros – The Infestation has suborned these fish to its own purposes, using them as antibodies to repel the non-Infested. They swim through and above the Exocrine found on Deimos’ surface.
- Chondricord – A triumph of Orokin bio-engineering, these hardy fish have adapted to the Deimos environment and seem oddly resistant to Infestation. They thrive in cave environments.
- Vitreospina – Whatever higher functions this fish once had have been consumed, leaving it a mere automaton of metal and flesh. It ekes out a primitive existence in cave systems.
- Barbisteo – As ravenous as the Infestation itself, this fish feeds on the remains of others. It shuns the light, preferring an enclosed cave environment.
- Myxostomata – This exceptionally rare breed of fish is almost extinct, as its gilded Orokin flesh has a special savor for predators. It warily conceals itself in caves.
- Ostimyr – Crammed with redundant, mutated internal organs, this pungent fish is highly sought after. It only emerges from surface pools in the light of the Wyrm Vome.
- Cryptosuctus – Formerly Orokin scavengers, these fish succumbed to the Infestation long ago and now greedily feast on floating spores. They are found all over the surface of Deimos.
- Glutinox – These hefty fish are cannibalistic. They rise by Vome’s light to absorb rare gases, retreating when Fass ascends to devour their smaller kin in their lairs.
- Amniophysi – These fish hatch out of translucent pods formed in the Infested landscape itself. The radiance of Fass stirs them into activity.