Eevee is one of the cutest Pokémon in the series, and it makes a return in Pokémon Sword and Shield. You can capture it along Route 4, along with Pikachu, but they’re a little challenging to go after, so you might spend a bit of time over there if you want one. However, you might spend a lot of time there because you want the multiple evolutions Eevee can turn into in the game.
Eevee has eight different evolutions; all of them are different types. Now, you can achieve any of these evolutions, but there are specific things you need to go about the correct one.
- To evolve into the Fire-type Flareon, you need a Fire Stone
- To evolve into the Water-type Vaperon, you need the Water Stone
- To evolve into the Electric-type Jolton, you need a Thunder Stone
- To evolve into the Grass-type Leafeon, you need a Leaf Stone
- To evolve into the Ice-type Glaceon, you need an Ice Stone
- To evolve into the Psychic-type Espeon, you need to make sure it has over 220 happiness, and it levels up during the day
- To evolve into the Dark-type Umbreon, you need to make sure it has over 220 happiness, and it levels up during the night
- To evolve into the Fairy-type Sylveon, you need to make sure to have two heart-levels with your Eevee. It needs to have Fairy-type move and to level it up during the day
If you get a low-level Eevee from Route 4, it naturally learns Baby-Doll Eyes at level 15, which is a Fairy-type move. For those of you wanting to acquire an Umbreon or Espeon, make sure it does not know this move. You might find yourself with a Sylveon when you’re trying to level your Eevee up into an Espeon.
You can check out your Eevee’s happiness towards you by visiting the Happiness checker in Hammerlocke. When you enter the city from the Wild Area, it’s the building immediately to your left. Talk to the young boy, and he’ll ask to see how much your Pokémon like you.
The evolution types that require a kind of stone are a bit easier because if your Eevee receives this stone, it’s guaranteed to become this type. There’s no time of day attached to it.
To collect all eight evolutions, you need eight different Eevees. You can choose to keep two with exceptional stats and breed them, or you can grind them out on Route 4.
It’s important to note you cannot evolve the Eevee you receive as a Mystery Gift for having played Pokémon Let’s Go Eevee. It cannot evolve into any of the transformations. However, it does have six perfect IVs.