For Pokémon Go trainers, it’s fairly common for it to be difficult to capture certain Pokémon. There are a handful of ways you can only capture them in specific regions or during special events. One of the Pokémon that you won’t randomly see while wandering around the world is Mantyke, Mantine’s first evolved form, and to get it, you need to meet certain conditions.
First, Mantyke has only ever been available in eggs. It was first introduced in 2-kilometer eggs and has been available in 5 and 7-kilometer ones. It has been in the egg pools for 7-kilometer eggs but is primarily seen in special events. So if you’re hoping to receive it outside of these events, the only way you can do that is if you received an egg during that event’s date and have not hatched it. But there’s a good chance it won’t be Mantyke inside that egg, and it could be another Pokémon.
These are all of the events Mantyke has been available in Pokémon Go:
- 7-kilometer egg pool – December 18, 2018 to April 26, 2019
- 2-kilometer eggs, Eggstravaganze 2019 – April 16 to 23 2019
- Gift, 2-kilometer eggs, Gift Event – August 5 to 19 2019
- 5 and 7-kilometer egg pools – April 26 to December 16, 2019
- 7-kilometer eggs, Sinnoh Celebration – February 7 to 10, 2020
- 7-kilometer eggs, Throwback Challenge 2020: Sinnoh – May 22 to 29, 2020
- 5-kilometer eggs, 4th Anniversary – July 3 to 8, 2020
- 7-kilometer eggs, Animation Week – November 6 to 12, 2020
Outside of these set times, Mantyke is not available, and you’ll have to wait for it to arrive once again in the egg pools.