The Sims 4: Paranormal introduces a new gameplay object in the form of the Séance Table. This new piece of furniture will allow players to reach beyond the veil that separates life from death and get up to some spooky shenanigans.
You can hold a séance if you want, but it will take some effort, and you will develop a new skill. In this guide, we will tell you what you need to do to converse with the dead in The Sims 4: Paranormal. You can also use a Séance Circle, but that won’t be available until you max out your Medium skill, so let’s cover the Séance Table first.
How to get a Séance Table
You can get a standalone séance table in the Build/Buy catalog for $333 or a full set of a table, chairs, and crystal ball for $648. Keep in mind; you will need at least one chair to perform a séance. The table also takes up a 3×3 block, which may impact where you can place it in your home.
When you have the table, and at least one chair, in place, click on it to get a list of interactions that you can perform with your new supernatural toy. The Séance Circle works pretty much the same way, but your Sim can create it on the go, and it doesn’t cost anything to set it up.
You will have a number of options available to your for your séance.
- Sense Spiritual Volatility: With this option, you can check the spiritual level of the home and figure out if any resident ghosts are friendly or not.
- Commune with the Departed: You can speak with the dead and get messages from them. The type of message you receive can impact your Sim’s mood.
- Perform Ceremony: If you need to evict a troublesome spirit, then this option is for you. The higher your Medium skill, the better this will go for your Sim.
- Group Séance: You can host a Séance with up to three other Sims but you will need a Medium level of 2 or higher to access it.
- Invoke the Dead: You will need a Medium level of 3 or higher for this, an amateur cannot mess with the dead. This will spawn ghosts or specters, and they can be cranky about being called forth, so be careful.
After that are different summoning options. You can summon Bonehilda at Medium level 3, or Guidry who is a friendly ghost. Guidry lives up to his name, offering lots of useful information and help about ghosts. Finally, at Medium level 4, you can perform a Ghastly Ritual that will turn your Sim into a ghost. This only lasts for four hours, but they will have all ghost abilities for that duration.