One of the main goals in Breathedge is simple; you need to try not to die. To do this, you will need a way to heal, as there is a good chance that you will need to take risky spacewalks without enough oxygen to sustain you. Death can happen in the cold clutches of space, and it can happen easily.
One of the most basic ways to heal yourself in the early game is with the humble health kit. There is one in the bathroom of your ship, although you cannot use it. The game prompts you to scan it, but you have no way to do that either. In this guide, we will show you how to find a scanner, scan the medkit, and make them.
Where to find a scanner blueprint
First things first, the scanner blueprint. This is easy to find, as you can exit your ship and then travel down to the wreck below you. Inside, on a wall, you will find a scanner. Interact with it to get the blueprint, and then head back to your own ship.
To make a scanner, you will need the following resources:
- Metal – can be found floating around outside the ship
- Battery – can be found in speakers floating around near the two corpses playing video games in the wreckage on the left of your ship
- Plastic – can be knocked off the edge of the platform where the corpses are playing video games
- Light bulb – can be found in a lamp at the pink wreckage below your own ship
Once the scanner has been built, scan the first aid kit in the bathroom, and you will find you need the following to make it:
- Fabric – can be cut from the walls of the airlock of your own ship
- Alcohol – can be found in your own ship on the tables at the start of the game
After that, you can make the first aid kits and heal yourself whenever you take too much damage.