Players can use an external feature to make their NBA 2K21 experience more realistic by scanning their face into the game for character creation. This has been a feature that 2K has been improving for years, but it’s still a little tricky to use for new players, or for anyone who has never gone out of their way to scan their face into the game before.
First, you will need to download the MyNBA2K21 app on your phone. It is compatible with both iOS and Android devices so you won’t need to worry about availability. Before you use the app to scan your face, you will want to set up your MyPlayer account and connect it to both NBA 2K21 and the MyNBA2K21app. This is how you will transfer the data from the app to your game on console or PC.
Next, select “Scan Your Face” in the app. Prompts will begin to pop up on your screen when the feature launches, so just follow those steps and you should be good to go.
In order to get the best scan of your face, 2K has listed a set of instructions to follow before you begin a scan.
- Make sure your face is in even lighting from the front with as few shadows as possible.
- Hold the phone at eye level and around 18 inches from your face.
- Turn your head slowly and look forward as you turn your head.
- Do not move your phone with your head or focus on the phone when turning your head.
- As you turn your head, make sure you are not just pointing your chin from side to side.
After you complete all of these steps, you can save your facial scan to your account, boot up MyCareer or the MyPlayer creator in 2K21, and use the scan data to put your face and the other recorded data onto the player.