Acrid is a returning character from Risk of Rain who has made their way to Risk of Rain 2. Many of the characters will have some complicated methods to unlock them, and Acrid is no different.
When you first load up the game and check the Challenges, you will see that you need to complete the “…To Be Left Alone” challenge to receive Acrid. There’s a clue in the description telling you to stabilize the cell in the void fields.
To start this process, you need to make your way to the Bazaar Between Worlds, where you can visit the Lunar Shop. When you jump down to the bottom of the row of platforms, look for a hole in the wall. Be careful dropping down because you need to head to the green light that’s pretty far off. Carefully pick your target platforms, then give yourself time to heal up before jump again. There will be a portal at the end of the cave. When you go through the portal, a challenge will start that you need to complete. When this is over, you will now be able to play as Acrid.
There are beams of light in the air, emanating from purple nodes. Get to the node and activate it, then take on the wave of enemies that spawn nearby. At the end of each node, an item drop, and you can move on to the next node. Just keep repeating the process until you finish the achievement.
Acrid has the following skills:
- Poison: Certain attacks poison enemies, dealing damage equal to 10% of their maximum health over time. Poison cannot kill enemies.
- Vicious Wounds: Maul an enemy for 200 percent damage. Every third hit deals 400 percent damage.
- Neurotoxin: Spit toxic bile for 240 percent damage that poisons enemies on hit.
- Caustic Leap: Leap into the air, dealing 320 percent damage, stunning, and poisoning enemies on impact. Leave a pool of acid that deals 25 percent damage.
- Epidemic: Release a deadly poison that deals 100 percent damage and poisons enemies. The disease continually spread to up to 20 targets.