Warface Breakout is the latest iteration of Crytek’s Warface. The game draws heavy inspiration from titles such as Counter-Strike, offering a competitive shooter experience that, according to the developers, has been optimized for consoles and controllers. As such, it should come as no surprise that the game is not available on PC. At the moment, there has been no talk of bringing the game to PC, but this doesn’t mean that it won’t happen in the future.
The game focuses on two factions, Wardens and Reapers. These competing groups of mercenaries will battle out in a mode where one side needs to plant a bomb, and the other side needs to defend.
Five multiplayer maps are available on launch, each offering a variety of strategic opportunities where your combat skills can shine:
- Storage: A classic, two-lane map with plant sites on either side of a storage building
- City: An open skyscraper’s rooftop in the heart of a futuristic city with some really good sniping points
- Sandstorm: A sandstorm-ravaged excavation site in Egypt where you have to disrupt or defend the scientific research process
- Oasis: A gorgeous, Eastern-style palace that conceals a maze of corridors
- Facility: A network of streets encompassing a suburban facility complex
The game has a strong futuristic vibe, playing out in environments that reminded us quite strong of Blacklight Retribution, so fans of that particular ill-fated free-to-play game might find something to enjoy here. The game features over 30 weapons at the moment, and according to the developers will benefit from free seasonal content that will reward players with exclusive rewards.