Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game Complete Edition might bring back a fan-favorite game, but that being said, players have run into quite a few connection issues when trying to play online with either friends or strangers. Disconnections, choppy gameplay, and not finding a lobby are just a few of the problems we have seen. When you run into one of these problems, you are given an error code denoted by the name “Ryan” followed by a four-digit number. If you have received any of the following codes, here is what they mean.
- 1003, 2000 – The game cannot connect to the server. Check your connection settings, but the game may be dealing with server issues, so if you cannot get it to work after restarting your router or changing hosts, you may want to try to play again at a later time.
- 2001, 3003 – Cannot create a new session. If you get this message, either attempt to start a session again or see if someone else can start a lobby. If not, the servers may be seeing heavy traffic.
- 2003 – Cannot connect to the leaderboards. Try to restart the game and reaccess the leaderboards. If they do not appear, try to access them later.
- 2005 – Cannot connect to Ubisoft Connect. Restart the game and attempt to start Ubisoft Connect again. If it continues to fail, but you can play online, Ubisoft Connect may be down at the moment.
- 2006 (Stadia version only) – Cannot connect to your Ubisoft account. Restart the game and attempt to connect again. If you still cannot connect, either the Google or Ubisoft servers are having issues.
- 3015 – Game shutdown due to network error. This usually happens if either the host or a different player has an unreliable connection. Try to start a new session or play with a different host.
- 3020 – Network caused a server timeout. This happens if the game is taking too long to connect you to a lobby. If this happens, restart the game and try again. If the problem persists, server traffic may be too high for the game to run smoothly.
- 7001 (PlayStation only) – Disconnected from PSN. This could happen if PSN goes down, your PSN subscription expires while playing, or you are disconnected from the internet.
- 7002 (PlayStation only) – Some features are shut off due to parental control settings. If the account you are playing on has a parental control setting that puts a time restriction on your game time, you will see this message when that time has run out.