Star Wars Battlefront is now available in open beta, and as it often happens with PC releases there are a few issues people keep underlining online. If you want to know how to solve them, take a look at our guide below and check if there’s something interesting for you in there.
No servers found / Can’t find servers
Restart Origin and try again. Otherwise, check your game is not missing any updates.
Star Wars Battlefront black screen
PC version is giving you a black screen at the startup? Try:
- Update your graphics card driver.
- Reinstall Origin (not the game itself).
- Laptop users: force the game to use the Nvidia/AMD graphics card.
- If you have SLI/Crossfire, disable it.
- If you’re using TeamViewer, turn it off. Same goes for Skype and IM programs in general.
- If you’re on Windows 7, make sure you have Service Pack 1 installed (right click on My computer, then Properties).
Stuck at “Press Enter to Start”
PC version is stuck at “Press Enter to Start”? Let’s take a look at a couple of possible remedies:
- If you own a gamepad, try plugging it in.
- If you’re using Windows 8 or 8.1, try disabling UEFI secure boot.
- If you have an onboard/Intel graphics card and a discrete one (AMD/Nvidia), force the game to use the latter.
- You could try using the on-screen keyboard from the Start Menu.
- If you’re on a laptop, try hooking it up to an external monitor or TV using a HDMI cable.
- Try running the game in windowed mode: Alt+Enter after it starts, or add “-windowed” in launch options.
How to play SW: Battlefront with friends
A party system is implemented into the game, but it’s currently not working properly. If you try using it and don’t manage to get onto the same server as your friends, you’ll just have to wait for the developers to come up with a fix.
This game has not been unlocked
Some PC users report their game says it’s not yet unlocked even though it should be. If this happens to you too, wait for a while: it seems like launch times are being pushed back in some places, while access is being granted in waves in others.
Star Wars: Battlefront general crashes on PC
For general crashes on the PC version (especially with an older graphics card), add some launch options to the game:
- Right-click on the game in Origin.
- Choose Game Properties.
- Type “-novid -noborder -windowed” in the box (without the quotation marks).
- Check “Disable Origin in Game for this game”.
DLL missing: MSVCP120.dll
If you get an error message saying Dll missing: MSVCP120.dll, reinstall Visual C++ Redistributables, specifically the vcredist 2013 (x64 for the 64 bit version of Windows, x86 for the 32 bit one).