The Steel Path gives you access to a new, tougher Star Chart in Warframe. Teshin challenges you to take on even tougher enemies, and prove that you are worthy of being a Tenno. This also leads to greater rewards. You can access the Steel Path as long as your normal Star Chart is completely cleared, and you can access Arbitrations. When you visit Teshin on any Relay, he will give you access to the Steel Path, and the potential to earn rewards using Steel Essence.
Once you have access to the Steel Path, a new button will appear on the right of your navigation screen. This will allow you to switch between the Steel Path and the standard Star Chart. Keep in mind, Railjack missions are not included in the Steel Path.
The Steel Path missions have the following modifiers:
- Enemy Level +100
- Enemy Health + 250%
- Enemy Shield + 250%
- Enemy Armor +250%
- Resource Drop Chance + 100%
- Mod Drop Chance +100%
The enemies on these nodes are quite tough, so expect a long clear time that you are used to. You should expect to have to experiment with new builds, as your old setups might not carry you too well in these tough missions.
There will also be a new sixth tier of Bounty available at both Cetus, and Fortuna, and you will also need to clear Junctions again, although they do not have specific tasks that need to be done before you can attack them.
Steel Essence and Rewards
An interesting aspect of the new Steel Path is that each nod will give you Mastery Points the first time you finish it, but the main attraction for most players will be the new Steel Essence currency. You can use Steel Essence to purchase a reward from Teshin, who can be found on any relay. You will have access to the Steel Path as long as you have the regular Star Chart cleared, and can play Arbitrations.
To purchase rewards from Teshin, you will need to earn Steel Essence. These can be earned in many ways, and we will update this guide with more sources for Steel Essence as we discover them.
- Full clear all nodes on a planet on The Steel Path – 2 Steel Essence
- Defeat an Eidolon in the new Steel Path level Eidolon hunts – 1 Steel Essence
- Can potentially drop from Eximus enemies in Steel Path mission, at a low drop chance.
- There have been reports that a Steel Essence can drop from enemy Syndicate troops that come after you, but we have not confirmed this yet.
You can use the Steel Essence to buy assorted items from Teshin, such as cosmetics and Stance Forma:
- Bishamo Pauldrons blueprint – 15 Steel Essence
- Bishamo Cuirass blueprint – 25 Steel Essence
- Bishamo Helmet blueprint – 20 Steel Essence
- Bishamo Greaves blueprint – 25 Steel Essence
- 10000 Kuva – 15 Steel Essence
- Relic Pack – 15 Steel Essence
- Stance Forma – 10 Steel Essence