Intrinsics are a new layer to how you level up in Warframe and build your Tenno. Introduced in the Empyrean update, they affect how you control and interact with your Railjack and the various things you can do with it.
Intrinsics fall into five different categories, although only four are active in the game at the moment.
Tactical – opens up various options like the Archwing Cannon, and the ability to teleport.
Piloting – how well you can fly the ship, opens up unique movement options.
Gunnery – how well you can use the weapons on the ship.
Engineering – affects your ability to repair the ship, produce vital resources, etc.
Command – not currently available
You can rank up these abilities with Intrinsic points. You earn these by playing through a mission from the Empyrean update in your Railjack ship. Each time you successfully finish a mission, you earn Intrinsic Points, depending on the difficulty of the task.
At first, each Intrinsic only costs a single point to upgrade. When you move through each rank, they become more expensive. Even if you don’t have access to a Railjack yet, you can still earn Intrinsics by doing missions and assign them from the main menu in the Profile tab.
- Rank 1 – Tactical System – Deploy Tactical Avionics. Crew tracking system.
- Rank 2 – Ability Kinesis – Warframe abilities can be deployed as tactical support.
- Rank 3 – Command Link – Fast Travel within the vessel. Coordinate squad members with a command interface.
- Rank 4 – Recall Warp – Omni gear can be used to warp aboard the ship from anywhere.
- Rank 5 – Overseer – Crew chase camera.
- Rank 6 – Tactical Efficiency – Reduce Flux Energy consumption by 25 percent.
- Rank 7 – Tactical Response – Reduce Tactical Avionics cooldown by 20 percent.
- Rank 8 – Archwing Tactical Blink – Reduce Archwing Blink cooldown by 25 percent.
- Rank 9 – Swift Tactics – Further reduces Tactical Avionics cooldown by 20 percent.
- Rank 10 – Join Warp – Warp from ship to crew member.
- Rank 1 – Boost – Hold L Shift (should be whatever you sprint key is) to boost Engine Speed for a short time.
- Rank 2 – Vector Maneuver – Tap L Shift to burst Directional Thrusters.
- Rank 3 – Vectored Evasion – Near-by enemy projectiles lose lock-on during Vector Maneuver.
- Rank 4 – Safe Flight – Damage due to Collisions reduced by 50 percent.
- Rank 5 – Drift Maneuver – During Vector Maneuver, press & hold L Shift to drift. Drifting consumes Boost to charge launch speed. Release L Shift launches out of the drift.
- Rank 6 – Slipstream – Boost time increased by 25 percent.
- Rank 7 – Enhanced Maneuvers – Vector and Drift Maneuvers consume 25 percent less Boost.
- Rank 8 – Aeronaut – Archwing Speed increased by 20 percent.
- Rank 9 – Evasion – Reduce Incoming Damage by 10 percent while Boosting.
- Rank 10 – Ramming Speed – Ramming into enemies while Boosting will deal 2000 Particle Damage.
- Rank 1 – Target Sync – Target lead indicators and ordnance lock-on.
- Rank 2 – Phantom Eye – Augmented reprojection and turret suspensors allow full 360-degree combat engagement.
- Rank 3 – Archwing Slingshot – High-velocity Archwing deployment into the combat zone.
- Rank 4 – Archwing Warhead – Slingshot Archwing damages fighters and penetrates enemy crewship hulls.
- Rank 5 – Artillery Command – Control of forward-mounted Artillery cannon.
- Rank 6 – Cold Trigger – Reduce Turret Heat Accretion by 20 percent.
- Rank 7 – Advanced Gunnery – Reduce overheat recovery time by 50 percent. Extends Slingshot range by 50 percent.
- Rank 8 – Vengeful Archwing – Increases Archwing power: Damage +25 percent, Ability Strength +20 percent, Ability Range +20 percent, and Ability Efficiency +20 percent.
- Rank 9 – Combat Drift – Drifting reduces weapon heat buildup by 50 percent while increasing weapon damage by 50 percent.
- Rank 10 – Reflex Aim – Aim snaps turrets to the nearest lead indicator.
- Rank 1 – Applied Omni – Accelerated hazard suppression and hull repair.
- Rank 2 – Flux Forge – Forge Flux Energy in realtime to power vessel Battle Avionics.
- Rank 3 – Ordnance Forge – Replenish combat Ordnance while deployed.
- Rank 4 – Optimization Pass – Increase Forge yields by 25 percent.
- Rank 5 – Dome Charge Forge – Resupply forward Artillery cannon during combat.
- Rank 6 – Forge Accelerator – Increase Forge processing speed by 25 percent.
- Rank 7 – Full Optimization – Further increases Forge yields by 25 percent.
- Rank 8 – Vigilant Archwing – Increase Archwing defense: Health +30 percent, Shield +30 percent, and Armor +30 percent.
- Rank 9 – Surplus Yield – Increase Refinement yields by 10 percent.
- Rank 10 – Anastasis – Remotely repair onboard hazards.