The new Terraria 1.4 update adds a wealth of new features and plenty of things to do in the game. You can take on new bosses, interact with two new NPCs, explore a graveyard to craft new items, and several more added pieces of content. It’s the final, major content update by developer Re-Logic, but they do still plan to provide bug and hotfixes to the game during its lifetime.
One of the more recent updates is 184.108.40.206. It’s a minor update to the game that went live shortly after the larger, initial one had gone up on May 16. These are all of the changes that came with the minor update:
- Added Master and Journey to command line options for a dedicated server.
- Ghosts are more likely to despawn, and the conditions which allow them to spawn has been reduced as well as the maximum number of them.
- Error logging no longer creates large DMP data files when the game crashes, as they were unused.
- Meteorites now no longer fall until after Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu have been defeated
- Killing Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu again will boost the drop rate of subsequent Meteors for the following night (instead of breaking more Orbs/Hearts)
- Meteorites can no longer be destroyed with explosives
- Pirate Captain now spawns a ghost pirate when he is killed
- Dunerider Boots can now be tinkered with Rocket Boots to make Spectre Boots
- Added some protection to ensure world gen works for users using different language PCs.
- Fixed a number of issues where Terraria tries to make or modify folders, but User Side PC permissions prevented it from doing so, leading to crashes/errors.
- Fixed a crash relating sound initialization.
- Fixed a few autostart errors for the server.
- Fixed an issue with kicking players not actually being fully removed, preventing players from rejoining.
- Demon Altars can no longer spawn on rare configurations of adjacent cacti, which would crash the world if they were hit.
- Coins no longer have a sell value.
- Fixed an issue where Map Scale was impossibly low, resulting in some map related issues
The most significant change had been how often the ghosts in the game would spawn in against enemies. Ghosts initially would only show up during the Halloween. However, they now generate into the graveyard, and some players had been having trouble fighting them when they appeared at the cemetery. Now, players should have a better time exploring the new biome.
Additional hotfixes and updates will likely come out in regards to changes for Terraria‘s Update 1.4, suitably called Journey’s End. The final content update arrived for desktop players and will come to consoles at a later date.