If you are looking to do more in Red Dead Redemption 2, you can play through the Stranger Missions. They are separate from the main story but still provide you with an interesting look at the world of Red Dead Redemption 2 and the characters who inhabit it.
Strangers are NPCs that will appear in the game at specific points in the story, with their tale to experience and missions for you to complete. Many of these missions can be made up of multiple parts, and you may need to wait up to two days between completing each portion. They will only appear after you get through the chapter they are attached to, so if you try to find one and it is not there, play further into the story.
All Stranger Missions Locations
- The Noblest of Men, and a Woman – can be found in Valentine
- All That Glitters – west of Flatneck Station, south of Valentine, in the wilderness
- The Smell of the Grease Paint – found at Van Horn Trading Post
- Arcadia for Amateurs – southeast of Strawberry
- Fundraiser (will disappear at Chapter 6) – found in Saint-Denis
- American Dreams – find the murder scenes east of Citadel Rock, south of Wallace Station, and to the east of Braithworth Manor. You can then find the Stranger to the South of Valentine.
- A Fine Night For It – you will need to encounter the “Night Folk” in the Bayou north of Saint-Denis.
- Geology for Beginners – northwest of Strawberry, in the wilderness
- A Test of Faith – northeast of Flatneck station
- Smoking and other Hobbies – found at Flatneck Station
- He’s British, of Course – south of Emerald Ranch
- A Fisher of Fish – near the north shore of Flat Iron Lake, at a fishing hut
- The Iniquities of History – Rhodes
- No Good Deed – Rhodes
- Oh, Brother – found at Valentine
- A Bright Bouncing Boy – found at Saint-Denis
- The Mercies of Knowledge – Saint-Denis
- The Artists Way – Saint-Denis
- The Ties that Bind Us – Rhodes
- Help a Brother Out – an optional story mission you can find in Saint-Denis
- Duchesses and Other Animals – found at Saint-Denis
- Idealism and Pragmatism for Beginners – Saint-Denis
- The Wisdom of the Elders – west of Van Horn Trading Post
- The Widow of Willard’s Rest (disappears after Chapter 6) – at Willard’s Rest to the northeast of the map.
- The Veteran – north of Emerald Ranch, near a lake
- The American Inferno, Burnt Out – west of Blackwater