Patch 1.61 is offering Days Gone players a substantial reduction in file size, as revealed by developer Bend Studio. The latest update for the post-apocalyptic action-adventure PlayStation 4 exclusive is “a larger patch,” weighing in at around 30GB, but will be “a one-time download” to reduce, among other fixes, the overall size of the game’s file.
Digital players “will have the option to redownload the full Days Gone client, which frees up some hard-drive space,” on to of “optimization improvements to all of our players.”
After the redownload, the game’s file size has been reduced from around 60GB to little over 38GB, almost half the original size. Players are suggested to redownload the game to save some space on their PS4’s hard drives.
The full changelog for Patch 1.61 is posted below:
- The mission “Better to Light One Candle” bounty should able be obtained properly
- General optimization towards certain missions
- Scoring will properly apply when utilizing oxygen tanks in the “Reloaded” Challenge
- The mission “The Anarchist Spy” will properly reset traps if you fail the mission
- The mission “Out of Nowhere” helicopter’s light are been fixed
- General optimization prior to playing before the game fully downloads
- General improvements to optimization and stability
Considering how long is the Days Gone campaign, you might be willing to have the game installed on your console for more than a few weeks, so the change to its overall size is welcome.
The PS4 exclusive was released in 2019. It has received strong post-launch support by developer Bend Studio, which included a Survival Mode only two months after the day one.