The end of The Season of Go has arrived to Pokémon Go. The final month of the event is this August 2022, and there will be multiple events for you to partake in, such as the return of the Bug Out! event and Niantic celebrating Pokémon Go appearing at the Pokémon World Championships. Alongside these major events, the weekly Spotlight Hours will continue with a new line-up. This guide covers all Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour dates and times for August 2022.
Pokémon Go Spotlight Hours
The Spotlight Hour is when a single Pokémon has a high chance of spawning. It usually means you see somewhere from three to nine of them around you without visiting a particular location. Every Tuesday, the Spotlight Hour event has a new Pokémon for only an hour. The event is open to everyone, but you need to have your Pokémon Go application available from 6 PM to 7 PM in your timezone.
All August 2022 Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour events
The new Pokémon appearing in the Spotlight Hour events: Hisuian Voltorb, Nodran (female), Joltik, Nidoran (male), and Pidove.
Here are the entire Spotlight Hour dates, times, rewards, and the Pokémon available during the hour.
- August 2: Hisuian Voltrb will be in the spotlight, and you will earn twice as much Stardust for catching Pokémon
- August 9: Nidoran (female) will be in the spotlight, and you will earn twice as much XP for catching Pokémon
- August 16: Joltik will be in the spotlight, and you will earn twice as much candy for catching Pokémon
- August 23: Nidoran (male) will be in the spotlight, and you will earn twice as much candy for transferring Pokémon
- August 30: Pidove will be in the spotlight, and you will earn twice as much XP for evolving Pokémon
August 2022’s Spotlight Hour Pokémon are decent choices. Hisuian Voltorb is nice to see as it is a relatively new Pokémon but has no shiny version. Nidoran (female) is extremely good because its evolved form, Nidoqueen, remains one of the better Great and Ultra League Pokémon, along with Joltik’s evolution, Galvantula. Nidoran (male) and Pidove are weaker choices, unfortunately.
This article includes affiliate links, which may provide a small compensation to Gamepur.