Among Us is still enjoying plenty of love, and its creators continue to chug away pushing out updates and patches to keep everything working nicely so everyone can continue to stab each other in the back in safety. A June 2022 update features not just a substantial amount of fixes for troublesome bugs, but a pleasing handful of quality of life improvements too.
Among Us was first significantly catapulted into the public eye due in large part to its popularity on streaming platforms like Twitch, and one of the additions in this patch is designed to streamline that a little bit. Streamer Mode can be activated from the General Settings menu, and it will obscure the room code from view so that players can have a little more control over who gets allowed into the game.
Another notable addition is a Colorblind Mode, which can be toggled from the same menu. Switch it on and the names of players’ colors will appear underneath them in general play, or next to them in meetings. Ideal for those unable to comfortably make out the colors of the other players — and hopefully a sign of more accessibility options to come in the future.
There’s plenty more in store in this update — see below for the full patch notes.
Among Us Version 2022.6.21 Patch Notes
Quality of Life Improvements & Implemented Community Suggestions
- Added a Streamer Mode. When active, room codes do not display in the lobby and is replaced by “Click to copy”. This can be toggled on or off in the General Settings.
- Added Colorblind Settings. When active, the names of the colors will appear next to the players during meetings, and below the player during gameplay.
- Account linking for all platforms (minus PlayStation and Nintendo) is back. Follow the in-game instructions carefully as we’ve removed Guest Accounts, but it should make it an easier process. More information on the new Account Linking here.
- Players are now able to view the map from the voting screen.
- Friends List – The player’s last display name will appear above a player’s Friend Code.
- Loading screen now waits for every player in the lobby when loading into a round
- Kills can no longer happen when an Emergency Meeting is being called
- Players can no longer move themselves during the role reveal screen
- Players in game should no longer randomly lose the ability to interact with map, complete tasks, or kills
- Impostor now shifts correctly when attempting to shapeshift after Emergency Meeting if the meeting was called at the same time
- Quick Chat wheel can be used as intended while a task (Download Data / Upload Data) is being completed. Players will no longer be forced to close and re-open chat
- Smooth Talker achievement can now be unlocked if the second to last Crewmate leaves the game
- Players should no longer see the ‘Sure is taking a while’ error message when launching Among Us
- Friend Codes no longer duplicate across all players when player and host rejoin lobby
- Friends List – Chat icon will display as grayed out when the Friends List is open. Opposite is true if Chat is open.
- Android and iOS – Players can now interact with the Role Settings menu no matter how quickly they are tapping through other settings
- Android – Players should no longer see errors when signing in on certain Android devices
- Android – Players can now view and access achievements
- Resolved desync issue when player reports body while climbing ladder
- Polaroids for the ‘Develop Photos’ tasks cannot be placed outside the task window
- During meetings, buttons respond as intended no matter how spammy your clicks are
- Players can interact with the Role Settings menu no matter how spammy their clicks are on other settings
- Players will no longer see ‘Sure is taking a while’ if game is set to languages other than English
- Players are now able to unlock the Circumventor achievement
- Entering the correct date of birth no longer registers the account as age 0
- Added the Language server filter to the settings in the Lobby
- Airship – Players in Vents now appear on Admin
- Airship – Players in the Hall of Portraits now appear on Admin
- Airship – Platform can be interacted with after a crewmate is killed while trying to use it
- Airship – Second admin map added to the Records Room
- Nicknames now appear on Impostor start screen
- No longer seeing layering issues between Pets, Hats, and Visors
- “Owned” shop text is now localized properly
- The letter ‘g’ is now localized properly in all languages and will not be censored (lol)
- Players can’t bypass filters for profanity in nicknames by capitalizing letters
- Impostors can’t shapeshift during the role reveal sequence
- Updated icon for ‘reject lobby invite’
- Spam clicking the chat icon doesn’t stop you from being able to click other icons
- Chat filter doesn’t censor words with potential profanity words in them- glasses
- Controller – Players can now interact with their friends list after unfriending or unblocking a player
- Correct color wording now displays in Account Info when colorblind text is active
- MIRA HQ – Door logs now display colors of Crewmates when colorblind text is active
- Improved readability of cracked screen overlay
- Decontamination locations on Polus can be referred to specifically using Quick Chat
- PC – Can close chat with the ESC key
- Guardian Angels can protect Crewmates without being obstructed by walls, doors, etc.
- Guardian Angel targeting now prefers Crewmates
- Guardian Angel protection cooldown resets at the start of every round
- Fixed report menu transparency and visibility
- Vitals sorting fixed: players that are dead/ejected are now at the bottom of the screen
- Fixed sounds during levelling up to be tied to the SFX volume slider
- Fixed numerous shadow issues