When she isn’t serving drinks at the Cat’s Tail tavern in Mondstadt, Diona moonlights is one of the strongest support characters in Genshin Impact. Combining crowd control from her Cryo damage with strong healing potential, Diona is one of the premier Cryo supports for your team, especially Freeze teams that need a bit of a defensive edge. Diona also can provide ample shielding for your team, and even an increase to Elemental Mastery, making Diona a powerful 4-star support.
However, what’s the best way to build your Diona to maximize her strengths? Learn more about Diona’s best build in Genshin Impact in this guide below:
Best weapon for Diona in Genshin Impact
There are many viable support bows in the game for Diona. Diona already has enough sustainability when combining her shields and heals, so amplifying her heals is not necessary. Instead, we can ensure Diona is able to keep her Elemental Burst up or allow her to buff the team in additional ways.
- The Favonius Warbow increases Diona’s Energy Recharge and allows her to gain additional Energy Particles for the team when she scores a critical hit. This is the preferred support weapon for many support characters, ensuring they can keep their Elemental Bursts up while buffing the team.
- The Sacrificial Bow is another good option that allows Diona to gain more Cryo Particles and increase the uptime on her shield.
Best artifacts for Diona in Genshin Impact
Diona’s healing and shields are perfectly fine together, so we don’t need to buff them more than necessary.
- The 4-piece Noblesse Oblige set allows her to buff her team’s ATK by 20%, making this the preferred set for Diona. Allowing her to buff her team’s damage on top of her survivability rounds out Diona’s kit, making this the best set for her.
- If you are having problems keeping Diona’s Elemental Burst up, use the 2-piece Emblem of Severed Fate set to get an additional boost to her Energy Recharge. Adding the 2-piece Tenacity of the Millileth will subsequently strengthen her shields as an aside.
Best teams for Diona in Genshin Impact
Diona is notorious for her role in Freeze teams, as she provides a defensive utility in the team. She also provides ample Cryo Particles for characters like Ganyu or Kamisato Ayaka, which helps them reliably get their Elemental Burst.
- Diona / Ganyu / Mona / Venti is the most common Freeze team. Ganyu and Mona will keep the enemies permanently frozen, while Venti provides crowd control. Diona is here to funnel Cryo Particles to Ganyu and provide some defensive utility. Variants include replacing Ganyu with Kamisato Ayaka, Mona with Sangonomiya Kokomi, and Venti with Kaedahara Kazuha.
- Diona / Xingqiu / Xiangling / Bennett is an alternative team to use Diona in. While Diona’s utility outside of Freeze teams is limited, her team comps open up when you unlock Diona’s sixth constellation. This increases the Elemental Mastery of your team by 200 when you use her Elemental Burst, which significantly increases the power of Xiangling and Xingqiu’s Vaporize reaction.