The best moveset for Luxray in Pokémon Go
What attacks does Luxray need to learn in Pokémon Go?
Luxray, the Electric-type Pokémon from the Sinnoh region, is a favorite for many players. You’ll want to consider using it in Pokémon Go’s PvP modes or against specific raids. If you’re looking to use it in these intense fights, you’ll want to make sure you give it the best attacks possible. In this guide, we’re going to detail Luxray’s best moveset in Pokémon Go.
Best Luxray moveset in Pokémon Go
Luxray is an Electric-type Pokémon. It’s weak against Ground-type attacks but resistant to Electric, Flying, and Steel-type moves. You’ll primarily want to use it against Flying, Ghost, Poison, and Water-type Pokémon due to Luxray’s specific attacks. Luxray is a surprising choice to see in PvP encounters, but it’s a good option if you can build a team to support it, but you may prefer using it in PvE raids and other Team Rocket battles.
Related: The best moveset for Garchomp in Pokémon Go
These are all of the moves Luxray can learn.
- Hidden Power (All types) – 9 damage and 2.6 energy per turn (3 damage per turn) – 3 turns
- Snarl (Dark-type) – 5 damage and 4.3 energy per turn (1.6 damage per turn) – 3 turns
- Spark (Electric-type) – 4 damage and 4 energy per turn (2 damage per turn) – 2 turns
When selecting Luxray’s fast move, you typically want to go with Snarl. Of the available options, Hidden Power has too many choices and doesn’t offer enough energy return for Luxray to find it a useful attack helpful. Spark is on the edge of being better, but Snarl gives Luxray a Dark-type attack that it can use against Ghost and Psychic-type Pokémon and has provided the most energy per turn.
- Crunch (Dark-type) – 70 damage and 45 energy (30% chance to lower opponent’s defense by one rank)
- Hyper Beam (Normal-type) – 150 damage and 80 energy
- Psychic fangs (Psychic-type) – 40 damage and 35 energy (100% chance to lower opponent’s defense by one rank)
- Wild Charge (Electric-type) – 100 damage and 45 energy (100% chance to lower opponent’s defense by two ranks)
You have several options for the charged attack that can make choosing them a bit challenging. The best choice is Wild Charge. It’s an Electric-type attack that can do massive damage against several Pokémon you encounter and lowers the opponent’s defense rank by a reasonable amount. Next is the Psychic Fangs, the Community Day exclusive move available to Luxray. It also reduces the opponent’s defenses but doesn’t do as much damage.
The best moveset for Luxray to use in Pokémon Go is the fast move Snarl and the charged attacks Psychic Fangs and Wild Charge.