The best moveset for Walrein in Pokémon Go
What are the best moves for Walrein to use in Pokémon Go?
Walrein is one of several Pokémon you may consider using in Pokémon Go. It’s a decent choice for several engagements in PvE, such as taking on Team Rocket or taking to a raid. You may also consider using it in PvP engagements against other players. But you want to make sure you use the most powerful version. In this guide, we will cover the best moveset for Walrein in Pokémon Go.
Best Walrein moveset in Pokémon Go
Walrein is a Water and Ice-type Pokémon. It will be weak against Electric, Fighting, Grass, and Rock-type moves, but it is resistant against Ice and Water-type attacks. You primarily want to use it against Fire, Ground, Poison, and Rock-type Pokémon. You can use it against Electric-types, but it is likely to struggle.
Related: The best moveset for Staraptor in Pokémon Go
These are all of the moves Walrein can learn.
- Frost Breath (Ice-type) – 7 damage and 2.5 energy per turn (3.5 damage per turn) – 2 turns
- Powder Snow (Ice-type) – 5 damage and 4 energy per turn (2.5 damage per turn) – 2 turns
- Waterfall (Water-type) – 12 damage and 2.6 energy per turn (4 damage per turn) – 3 turns
When it comes to selecting a fast move, we will recommend Powder Snow. It’s an attack that doesn’t do the most damage of the options, but it gives Walrein plenty of energy for its charged attacks to use throughout an encounter. Walrein can be a truly scary option against the correct opponents and has some solid teammates supporting it.
- Blizzard (Ice-type) – 140 damage and 75 energy
- Earthquake (Ground-type) – 120 damage and 65 energy
- Icicle Spear (Ice-type – 60 damage and 35 energy
- Water Pulse (Water-type) – 70 damage and 60 energy
Next, we recommend you go with Icicle Spear and Earthquake. Icicle Spear is a superb attack for Walrein to use. There’s not too much special about Icicle Spear, but it’s a powerful Ice-type attack that can do some heavy damage and has low requirements for you to use it. The second option, Earthquake, is an overall excellent attack in your back pocket for Walrein.
The best moveset to teach Walrein is the fast move Powder Snow and the charged attacks Icicle Spear and Earthquake.