Valorant has become one of the most popular first-person shooter games globally and has gained over 14 million unique players a month. The unique mixture of shooting and agents with abilities attracts players the most, along with the shiny cosmetics the game offers.
If you are a Mac user and wondering if you can enjoy Valorant? Here’s your answer to the question.
Valorant is available only for PC at the moment and will release on mobile devices next year. Unfortunately, it is not available on Mac, and Riot Games has cleared that they don’t have plans to launch a Mac version of the game. However, players can still play Valorant on Mac by using Boot Camp software, and here’s how.
How to play Valorant on Mac
Boot Camp allows you to run the Windows operating system on Mac and, hence, play Valorant on it. Before installing the software, make sure that you fulfill the following requirements:
- Your Mac has an Intel chip.
- You have at least 64 GB of free space in your Mac; however, a minimum of 128 GB of free space is recommended for a smooth experience.
If you meet these requirements, create an ISO file of the 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro and a backup of your hard drive, and follow these steps:
- Go to Applications, then Utilities, and open the Boot Camp Assistant.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and once the installation is complete, your Mac will restart.
- Format the Bootcamp partition and install the windows in it. However, usually, the installer does this automatically.
- After Windows installation is complete, “Welcome to the Boot Camp installer” will appear.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Windows support drivers to finish the installation.
- Now, go to Valorant official website and log in with your Riot Games account.
- Download the Valorant Client and install the game.