Far Cry: New Dawn sees Ubisoft’s open-world FPS series head into the post-apocalypse, where society has fallen after the events of Far Cry 5. One of the game’s new features are Expeditions, a series of self-contained missions that take place outside of the main setting of Hope County, and around various US-based locations.
Where To Find The Splinter Cell Suit Location In Far Cry New Dawn
Expeditions are snatch-and-grab affairs; your goal is to sneak into an enemy-occupied region, steal a package with valuable crafting materials, and get to an extraction point as the whole base comes chasing after you. One particular mission is dubbed “Government Plane Wreck,” and involves sneaking into an enemy-occupied base established in the body of an enormous military aircraft. You can see a narrated walkthrough of the mission in the video above.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a perfectly shady government plane without a few secrets, and it doesn’t take much for fans of stealth games to you to quickly realize that the government plane in question is the C-147B Paladin from the Splinter Cell series, which served as the mobile HQ for the special ops unit, Fourth Echelon.
Other Easter Egg related to Splinter Cell
But it goes further, of course. Throughout the plane, you can find conveniently-placed notes signed by “SF,” presumably Splinter Cell protagonist Sam Fisher, and they describe what happened to him after the events of Far Cry 5. It turns out, he was on his way to find his daughter, Sarah, after the apocalypse, and he ruminates over the fact that the world needs survivors in this day and age. The notes also make references to Fisher’s fellow Fourth Echelon agents Isaac Briggs, Anna Grímsdóttir, Andriy Kobin, and Charlie Cole.
The icing on the cake is that you can find and switch on a Shadownet terminal within the plane, which that opens up a secret wall compartment, letting you retrieve a full Sam Fisher getup, complete with the iconic trifocal goggles, for use with your New Dawn character. The flavor text for the outfit pokes fun at the relentless enemy barks that the Splinter Cell series was infamous for: “Fisher’s on the loose! I heard something, better not be Fisher. Fisher wouldn’t try his luck here, would he? That’d be f***in’ crazy! Fisher, Fisher, Fisher!”
How to unlock the Splinter Cell suit in Far Cry New Dawn
- Step 1: Go to your Homebase Facilities and see if you have unlocked the quick expeditions in the lower left pane. Level 1 is fine too, but we recommend Level 2.
- Step 2: At this point go to the Expedition point and talk to Roger. He will unlock the Government Plane Wreck after a chat.
- Step 3: Now select the Government Plane Wreck as a displacement point in the quick navigation menu.
- Step 4: As soon as you arrive, you will see from a distance a pink smoke indicating a large plane. Do not go there, but continue to the left.
- Step 5: Along the way, you will find aircraft wreckage. Follow them until you see a large torn fuselage with a nearby roadblock.
- Step 6: Go left, you will see an enemy, try not to shoot him. Continue straight until you find two doors, go to the right one. Here you will find a cell with a sheet to read, to its left in a very dark place you will see a grip on which to climb.
- Step 7: Go up and go straight to a locker where you will notice the three famous green lights.
- Step 8: Before you can get it, however, you will have to find all the slips. One is found going up the stairs to the right at the entrance to the fuselage and one you have already read. For the third, while you are looking at the three green lights, turn around, and you will notice a door. Enter and go immediately left where there is a staircase. Go up to the roof and go straight until you reach a roof opening. Go down, and you will have found the third document. Now kill the enemy seen previously and activate the PC. The door with Sam Fisher’s overalls is now unlocked, and you can recover it.
Well, now you have your Splinter Cell suit. Use it when you want to be more stealthy. Have fun. Well, now you have your Splinter Cell suit. Use it when you want to be more stealthy. Have fun.