It probably shouldn’t be a shock to many people that the FIFA 21 team released some Irish-themed content on St. Patrick’s Day. In addition to an Aiden McGeady Silver Stars challenge, FIFA players can now complete a special St. Patrick’s Day Squad Foundations Objectives challenge. Users can grab three new Irish-born players in Football Ultimate Team, just by completing some objectives.
How to complete EFL Championship Squad Foundations II Milestones challenge
Much like with the EFL Squad Foundations II challenge that went live on March 9, FIFA players will need to fulfill four separate objectives in order to complete this one. Each objective will need to be completed within the Live FUT Friendly: Managerial Masterpiece.
The four objectives are as follows:
- Shamrock Scores – Score 10 goals using Republic of Ireland players in the Live FUT Friendly: Managerial Masterpiece, with four Republic of Ireland players in your starting squad (reward is 84 OVR Squad Foundations RM Daryl Horgan card)
- Irish Instinct – Assist six goals with Through Balls using Republic of Ireland players in the Live FUT Friendly: Managerial Masterpiece, with four Republic of Ireland players in your starting squad (reward is 75+ Rated Rare Player Pack)
- Paddy’s Day Play – Play 14 matches in the Live FUT Friendly: Managerial Masterpiece, with four Republic of Ireland players in your starting squad (reward is 85 OVR Squad Foundations CM Jeff Hendrick card)
- Green Glory – Win eight matches in the Live FUT Friendly: Managerial Masterpiece, with four Republic of Ireland players in your starting squad (reward is 75+ Rated Rare Player)
Those who complete the four objectives will receive an 86 OVR ST player card of Brighton’s Aaron Connolly.
This challenge will test your team-building skills, as you’ll need to construct a 77 OVR football team, filled with a few players from Ireland in your starting lineup. It might be a bit difficult to get this done, especially since there are not as many high OVR Irish attackers as you’d might hope. You could use Aiden McGeady if you can complete this challenge, however, making him a versatile option.
If you’re looking for some lineup ideas, here’s one that could help you out:
- Team Overall – 77 OVR
- Formation – 5-2-2-1
- ST: Manchester United ST Anthony Martial (84 OVR)
- LW: Preston LM Sean Maguire (70 OVR)
- RW: Newcastle United RM Jeff Hendrick (75 OVR)
- LCM: RSC Anderlecht CM Josh Cullen (71 OVR)
- RCM: Aston Villa CM Conor Hourihane (75 OVR)
- LWB: Sheffield United LWB Enda Stevens (78 OVR)
- LCB: Manchester United CB Eric Bailly (79 OVR)
- MCB: Newcastle United CB Ciaran Clark (76 OVR)
- RCB: Blackburn Rovers CB Darragh Lenihan (72 OVR)
- RWB: Tottenham Hotspur RWB Matt Doherty (81 OVR)
- GK: Tottenham Hotspur GK Paulo Gazzaniga (79 OVR)
This is just a mock lineup of course. You can build your lineup anywhere you want, but just make sure that you have four Irish players in your squad. Additionally, you should also try to fit either Hendrick or, more specifically, Horgan in the starting XI once unlocked.