It’s another lucky week, as Epic Games have once again blessed us with official patch notes for Fortnite update 11.30. Some points of record for this update are the introduction of Split Screen, allowing you to play Duos and Squads on the same PlayStation 4 or Xbox One with a friend. They do note that this is an early implementation of the feature, so it might not all be smooth sailing.
Mobile users will be able to preview items in the shop from the Party Hub, and the daily Item Shop gifting limit has been increased from three items to five. Epic is also getting ready for the upcoming Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker event, which will be taken place at Risky Reels on Dec. 14. After that, come all the usual bug fixes you would hope to see in any patch.
Fortnite Update 11.30 Patch Notes
v11.30 is live for Battle Royale and includes the following changes:
- Introducing Split Screen.
- Play Duos and Squads with a friend on the same PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
- This is an early release of Split Screen; we will continue to improve the feature. Please report bugs via the in-game Feedback tool.
- Preview what’s in the Item Shop using your mobile device.
- With Party Hub, you can now preview what’s new in the Item Shop before loading into the game.
- To do this, open Party Hub, swipe right, and tap “Preview Items.”
- Increased the daily Item Shop gifting limit from 3 to 5.
- Changed Ammo Indicator.
- Now a visual representation of remaining ammo number rather than a solid bar.
- You can now choose when to transition from the “Eliminated By” screen to the end-of-match XP screen.
- To transition to the end-of-match XP screen, press “Continue” on the “Eliminated By” screen.
- Made preparations for the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker live event at Risky Reels on December 14, 2 PM ET.
- Resolved an issue involving the Safe Zone setting on Xbox One returning to 1.00 upon each login.
- Resolved an issue involving some trees and metal fences in Arena not granting the correct material increase.
- The Magma Wrap now appears correctly on the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
- Resolved an issue involving the Bandolette Outfit appearing to have two hairstyles merged together.
- Resolved an issue involving some items from the Twin Turntables set appearing grainy and pixelated.
- The Social menu Friends List on mobile devices no longer auto-scrolls to the top when players try to scroll down.
- Resolved an issue involving players’ Quick Bar being inadvertently defaulted off on mobile devices.