One of the most common creatures in Minecraft is the Zombie. That said, within the umbrella of Zombie, some variants are not as common, such as Drowned, Husks, and of course, Zombie Villagers.
Zombie Villagers are unique in that it isn’t too late to cure them of their zombie status when you find them, and you can create them yourself without creative mode. Here is everything you need to know about curing and creating Zombie Villagers.
Curing a Zombie Villager
Curing a zombie villager is all about two major steps, but you should also take a few other things into account.
- Trap the Zombie Villager.
- You want to make sure that the Zombie Villager cannot hurt you and cannot be exposed to light if it’s daytime. The best thing to do is trap them under a roof, cave, or other blocks in a way that you can still see them.
- Afflict the Zombie Villager with Weakness.
- The best and easiest way to do this is with a Splash Potion of Weakness. This is created in a Brewing Stand with the following ingredients: Fermented Spider Eye, Water Bottle (up to 3 at a time), gunpowder, and blaze powder.
- (Lingering Potion of Weakness and Arrow of Weakness will also work)
- Feed the Zombie Villager a Golden Apple.
- While holding a golden apple, place it on the weakness-afflicted Zombie Villager. YO must do it within the timeframe of the weakness effect. If you do, the Zombie Villager’s particles will turn red, and they will begin shaking.
- Expedite the process.
- If the Zombie Villager is near or next to Iron Bars and/or a bed, the process will go a lot faster, as it takes time for the cure effect to set in.
- Congrats! You now have a Villager!
- If you are not near your home, you will have to transport them with a minecart, nether portal, or boat, but the general curing process is complete.
Note: Some may prefer to have the Zombie Villager chase them to their home at night time and then trap them there to make transport easier.
Creating a Zombie Villager
The only thing that is easier in hard mode and impossible in easy mode is creating a zombie villager. The reason for this is, to make a zombie villager yourself, you must allow a zombie to kill a villager. The percentage chance of a Zombie Villager being created from this event is as follows:
|Peaceful (Zombie Villagers cannot spawn)||0%|
|Hard (including Hardcore Mode)||100%|
That said, if you are playing on easy, there is still a 5% chance all zombie spawned will be a Zombie Villager instead. There will also always be a Zombie Villager in the basement of an Igloo and Zombie Villagers in Zombie Villages.
So, with all of these taken into account, it’s clear Zombie Villagers will still be present on easy. You just cannot make them yourself.