Mastery Rank in Warframe is the overall accumulated rank of a player’s account. You can earn Mastery Points, which increase your Mastery Rank, the first time you rank up a Warframe, weapon, companion, or Archwing from 0 to 30. You can also earn them by completing missions on the Star Chart.
After earning enough Master Points, you will max out your rank and take part in a Mastery Rank Test, moving on to the next level. If you do not instantly take the Mastery Rank Test, you do not lose any further Mastery Points you earn; they will be added to your total after you complete the test.
You can earn the following amount of Mastery Points for different activities in the game.
- Weapons – 3000 for ranking them from 0 to 30 the first time.
- Sentinel weapons – 3000 for ranking them from 0 to 30 the first time.
- Archwing weapons – 3000 for ranking them from 0 to 30 the first time.
- Warframes – 6000 for ranking them from 0 to 30 the first time.
- Companions – 6000 for ranking them from 0 to 30 the first time.
- Archwings – 6000 for ranking them from 0 to 30 the first time.
- K-Drives – 6000 for ranking them from 0 to 30 the first time.
- Star Chart nodes – give a different amount of Master Points the first time you clear the node.
- Ranking up Railjack Intrinsics earns 1500 Mastery Points.
In the case of a Gilded Item, Mastery Points can only be earned after the item is gilded.
Mastery Rank Tests
To complete Mastery Rank tests, visit Cephalon Simaris and then go to the right of his area. You will find an ascending staircase with cubicles for each Mastery Rank Test. Interact with it to take on the challenge. If you fail, you have to wait 24 hours before you can try again, but any gained Mastery Points between the two tests will not be lost.
When you pass the test, your rank will increase by one, you will get access to the relevant Rank Sigil and start the journey towards your next rank. There are 30 ranks in total.