Dead by Daylight is constantly adding new content for players to enjoy. But before they can roll out the updates for everyone to start playing, they need to test them out on the Public Test Build, or PTB. Players can access the PTB and test out new mechanics or characters, however, this feature is only available to PC gamers using Steam.
Joining the Dead by Daylight PTB is quite easy, and in this guide we will run you through the simple steps you will need to take to sign up to it on Steam.
Joining the PTB
- Open Steam and go to the Library page
- Right click on Dead by Daylight and click on Properties
- A window will open up giving you multiple options, click on the Betas tab
- In the Betas tab, open the dropdown menu and click public-test – External Branch for Public Tests
- Restart Steam and you will now play on the PTB the next time you launch Dead by Daylight
This will give you access to the latest changes in the game. The test builds only last for a few days, so you have to make this change quickly if you want to experience the new content early.
Leaving the PTB
If you want to deactivate this build, return to the same path and click on the option: NONE – Opt out of all beta programs, and you will return to the standard build. You will need to do this to continue playing the game whenever a PTB build is not available.