Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl support the Joycon’s gyroscope functionality, but if you want to be a traditionalist, you can certainly turn them off. Here’s how to do so.
At almost any point of the game, while exploring the world, pause the game with the Y button. Now, highlight the gear button and press A —Options menu will appear. Near the bottom of the selections, you’ll see a toggle for “Gyroscope.” Move right with the D-Pad or left thumbstick to select “Don’t use.” After you’re all set, press A to confirm and choose “Yes.”
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are not like the Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee games. Gyroscope is not required to catch Pokémon in this remake; instead, you can use it with certain mini-games.
In this menu, you can also change the following:
- Your text speed.
- 24 different windows for the text box.
- Battle effects and move animations (on or off) for faster battles.
- Battle Style lets you choose whether or not you want the option to change Pokemon after a foe faints.
- Send to Boxes allows you to send your Pokemon automatically to your PC boxes.
- Autosave (on or off)
- Show Nicknames gives you the choice to show your Pokemon’s nickname or not during Link Battles.
- The option to change the volume of the background music, sound effects, and Pokemon cries.
If you don’t like how your playthrough is going and want to scrap it, there’s a way to do that.