Cheat codes in Doom Eternal are unlocked by finding floppy disks hidden in secret areas of the campaign. These cheat codes can include infinite extra lives, unlimited ammo, and more. The following is how and where you can activate cheat codes to make your secret hunting that much easier.
How to enable cheat codes
The first thing to note is that cheat codes can not be activated during your first playthrough of any level. You have had to both unlocked the cheat code by finding the floppy disk and beaten whatever level you are trying to activate it on at least once before.
Cheat codes are activated from the Mission Select screen in the Fortress of Doom, or from the Main Menu. Select the mission you want to play, and then you will see the option for cheat codes at the bottom left of the screen.
When you open the cheat code menu, all of the cheat codes that you have found in the campaign will be listed for you, describing what each one does. You can quickly set all cheat codes to be activated by selecting the box in the top left that says “Activate all cheats.” If any cheat codes are activated at all, Slayer Gates will not be accessible, but every other collectible will still be available to be found.
Every cheat code available
Here’s a look at every cheat code that can be found in the campaign of Doom Eternal and what it does.
- Infinite Extra Lives – Player has infinite extra lives
- IDDQD – Sentinel Armor is active for the whole mission.
- Instant Stagger Mode – One hit from projectiles, explosions, flame belch, or dashing instantly staggers demon. It has no effect on unique bosses.
- All Runes – All Runes unlocked.
- Infinite Ammo – All weapons have infinite ammo.
- IDKFA – All weapons are unlocked and mastered and all equipment is unlocked.
- Powerup Mode: Onslaught – Infinite Onslaught powerup is active for the whole mission.
- Silver Bullet Mode – Staggered demons die from a single hit from projectiles, explosions, flame belch, or dashing.
- Fully Upgraded Suit – All Praetor Suit Perks are unlocked.
- Powerup Mode: Overdrive – Infinite Overdrive powerup is active for the whole mission.
- Famine Mode – Demons do not drop health or armor on death.
- Party Mode – Demons burst into confetti on full body gib, lower body gib, upper body gib, limb loss, and fatal headshots.
- Powerup Mode: Berserk – Infinite Berserk powerup on map start. Only works on ‘Hell on Earth,’ ‘Exultia,’ ‘Super Gore Nest,’ ‘Arc Complex,’ and ‘Mars Core.’
- QuakeCon Mode – An invisible audience cheers based on how you play.