A Balor Fomorian is the most powerful ship in the Grineer fleet, able to destroy entire cities in the blink of an eye if it’s given the opportunity to do it. They are a real threat, and their objective is to destroy our relays. If the Balor Fomorian is not destroyed in time, it will be able to destroy the Relay that it is targeting.
They appear when the Grineer faction receives enough support to build one of these powerful ships. When they appear, the Balor Fomorian Event will trigger, and it is a player’s duty to go against this threat.
How to Get Fomorian Disruptor
To do the mission, you have to equip a Fomorian Disruptor. Obtaining the blueprint is pretty straightforward. You will receive a message from the Lotus when you log on and the event is active. This message will contain the blueprint for the Balor Fomorian. You can make it in your Foundry using the below resources.
- 3500x Nano Spores
- 300x Cryotic
- 4x Omega Isotope
You can find Nano Spores in Saturn, Neptune, Orokin Derelict and Eris.
You can obtain Cryotic in Excavation missions, deploying excavators (the amount you receive will depend on how successful you have been in carrying out the mission.
You can find Omega Isotopes in the planets near where the Balor Fomorian is because its core releases radiation that affects nearby planets and the life forms that habit them.
Once you crafted the Fomorian Disruptor, all you have to do is enter in your Arsenal, go to Gear and place the Fomorian Disruptor in an empty slot to equip it.
How to destroy the Fomorian Balor Core
Once you have the Fomorian Disruptor equipped in your Gear Wheel, you can start the mission to take out the Balor Fomorian. It’s pretty straightforward, but there are a few simple steps to follow.
- Destroy the four Zeplens that will appear once you get closer to the core. These will cast a red energy net that tries to trap you, so take them out quickly.
- Now you can get close enough to deactivate the shield protecting the Balor Fomorian; you can do it by destroying the two shield generators on the sides near the top of the Balor Fomorian itself. Shoot the caps marked by the red waypoints, then wait for the shield generator to full extrude and destroy it.
- Go inside and use your Fomorian Disruptor. Only one player needs to do this, but all players will lose their Disruptor and need to make a new one to replay the mission.
- Destroy the 16 nodes of the structure as soon as you can. You have 30 seconds to destroy them all before the shielding comes back up.
- Reach the safe distance of 350 meters in less than 30 seconds to avoid the explosion damage
- That’s It. Job’s done
Once accomplished your mission you will receive one of the event’s unique rewards:
- Endo (x400) – Drop Rate 75%
- Imperator Vandal Barrell – Drop Rate 11%
- Imperator Vandal Blueprints – Drop Rate 11%
- Imperator Vandal Receiver – Drop Rate 2%
Furthermore, if you reach the million damage in a single strike, Lotus will reward you with 200,000 credits and an Orokin Catalyst.