In Warframe, a new Prime means new Prime Weapons. This time out we have access to a new secondary, the Akbolto Prime. The Akbolto Prime are twin pistols with high Puncture damage, good accuracy and status chance, and very high critical chance. The projectiles do have a slow travel time, and the low Impact and Slash damage make this weapon less effective versus shield and flesh. If you want the guns, you have to first get your hands on the Akbolto Prime relics.
Akbolto Prime Relics
To get all the pieces for the Akbolto Prime, you will be hunting down the following relics.
- Neo M1 – Blueprint (Common drop from this relic)
- Lith C2 – Barrel (Uncommon drop from this relic)
- Lith S7 – Link (Uncommon drop from this relic)
- Axi A3 – Receiver (Rare drop from this relic)
Akbolto Prime Relic Farming
Now, keep in mind you will need to track down 2 Barrels and 2 Receivers, as these are dual pistols. The rare Axi drop requirement also makes this one a little less new player friendly than the Mirage Prime farm. You might need to use Void traces to refine your relics to improve the chances of getting the Uncommon and Rare pieces.
- Lith – For Lith relics I really like the Everest mission on Earth. It is an Excavation mission, so you can invest as much time as you like, then leave when it suits your squad. Working well as a team also means you can have two, or even three, extractors going at the same time. After farming this for about twelve rounds last night my squad ended up with four Lith S7 relics.
- Neo – Hydron on Sedna is a solid Defence mission for Neo relic farming, if you run this till the third and fourth wave you also have a good shot at an Axi.
- Axi – Hieracon on Pluto is a great spot for Axi farming, but there is some etiquette you need to be aware of. Hieracon is also a good spot to credit farm, and people who do this want to drop out after a single rotation in order to repeat it. If you are going to Hieracon it is best to have a full squad to avoid this affecting you (a single player cannot force the extraction but it is annoying to heal with it nonetheless). In reality the credit farming player should ensure they are playing in Solo mode, but this won’t always happen.
That’s it, Tenno, I wish you luck tracking down these lovely looking new Akbolto Prime pistols.