Fallout 76 will see legendary perks added to the game when update 20 rolls around, which is when the big summer update for 2020 releases. Update 20 will introduce a variety of new content, such as the new season-based content that acts as the game’s battle pass, an update to challenges, new story missions, and much more. A part of the season gameplay is legendary perks, and before they release to Fallout 76, players are testing them out on the public test server before they go live.
Because players are experiencing the legendary perks on the public test server, they are subject to change once they release to the main client. For now, here are the ones we can expect to see once update 20 arrives:
- Thin Skinned: Take (15, 20, 25, and 30 percent) less ranged damage when wearing full light armor.
- Suited Up: Take (15, 20, 25, and 30 percent) less ranged damage when wearing full sturdy armor.
- Heavy Duty: Take (15, 20, 25, and 30 percent) less ranged damage when wearing full heavy armor.
- Power Armor Reboot: (15, 20, 25, and 30 percent) chance to auto-revive with full health if you die in Power Armor.
- Electric Absorption: (10, 13, 16, and 20 percent) chance enemy energy attacks recharge your power armor’s fusion core.
- Blood Sacrifice!: When you die, teammates gain (25, 30, 35, and 40) additional damage reduction and heal (40, 50, 60, and 70) health points over (8, 10, 12, and 14) seconds.
- Botany Buddy: (10, 15, 20, and 33) percent chance harvesting flora grants (2, 3, 4, and 5) health points a second and (25, 30, 35, and 40) damage reduction to the team.
- Taking One for the Team: Enemies take (10, 20, 30, or 40) more damage when they attack you while in a team.
- Far-Flung Fireworks: Enemies killed with a ranged weapon have a (10, 13, 16, and 20) percent chance to explode.
- Detonation Contagion: Enemies killed with a thrown explosive have a (20, 23, 26, and 30) percent chance to explode.
- Collateral Damage: Enemies killed with a melee weapon have a (10, 13, 16, and 20) percent chance to explode.
- Exploding Palm: While unarmed, you have a (5, 10, 15, and 20) percent of triggering an explosion on an attack.
- Brawling Chemist: Generate (1, and 2 at max) combat enhancing chem every hour. Up to a max of (3, 4, and 5).
- Retribution: (20, 40, 60, and 80) percent chance to heal and deal exceptional damage for 15 seconds after blocking.
- Follow Through: Ranged sneak damage increases damage to target by (10, 20, 30, and 40 percent) for 60 seconds.
- What Rads?: (50, 75, 100, and 300) rad resist, restore (1, 2, 3, and 6) Rads per second.
These legendary perks are available in the public test server. They will likely go through additional chances and have their perk coin cost adjusted as they go through the balancing process. Because those have not been finalized, there’s no reason to mention what they could be, but expect to spend around 200 to rank up to the final legendary perk bonus.
There’s no exact date when legendary perks will be available in Fallout 76, but they do a tie-in with the seasons. There will be four seasons each year in Fallout 76. The first is coming to 2020 during the summer. We can expect to see legendary perks available alongside it, and they should arrive in the main game before the end of June.