Local specialties in Genshin Impact serve two important functions in Genshin Impact. Firstly, you will need to collect them to ascend your characters. Secondly, doing so will allow you to finish two weekly challenges that will award you Battle Pass XP.
If you collect 100 local specilties in Mondstadt and Liyue, you will get 450 Battle Pass experience for each one, which will go a long way towards helping you max out your Battle Pass each season.
Local specialties are very specific plants, you can’t just pick up any old plant or resource. Below, you will find a list of the local specialties in each area, and where to farm them.
- Calla Lily – found at the pool near the teleporter in Springdale
- Cecilia- found at Starsnatch Cliff
- Dandelion Seed – found outside the main Mondstadt gates
- Philanemo Mushroom- found on walls and roofs of buildings at Springvale and Mondstadt
- Small Lamp Grass – found at Wolvendom and Whispering Woods
- Valberry – found in the Stormbearer Mountains
- Windwheel Aster – found at Stormterror’s Lair, or near the Statues of the Seven in Windrise
- Wolfhook – found in Wolvendom around the path to Andrius’ arena
- Cor Lapis – found in Mt. Hulao
- Jueyun Chili – found in Qinqce Village
- Qingxin – found in Jueyun Karst
- Violetgrass – found on cliffs in Liyue
- Noctilucous Jade – found in Mingyun Village
- Silk Flower – found near Wangshu Inn
- Glaze Lily – found in Yujing Terrace, Liyue Harbor
- Starconch – found on beaches in Liyue
If you visit all these areas and couple of times a week, and farm up everything you find, you will always have plenty of materials for ascending characters, and will easily finish up your Battle Pass challenges each week.