Borderlands 3 Will Have A New Brand Loyalty System For Guns
The Borderlands games are all about the guns, and Borderlands 3 will be no different. It also introduces a new Brand Loyalty system, taking the form of specific perks for each weapon manufacturer. Over the years, these manufacturers have become established in the games, and fan will have their favorite brands that they go back to, over and over again.
- ATLAS - Step 1: Hit your enemies with tracker tags. Step 2: Unleash a hail of Smart Bullets that track towards your targets. Step 3: Loot!
- COV - Enjoy uninterrupted damage-dealing courtesy of “infinite” ammo magazines, occasionally interrupted by unpredictable overheating.
- DAHL - Toggle between alternate fire modes depending on your play style, your predicament, and your predilection for bonus damage.
- JAKOBS - Deliver devastating critical hits to enemies’ soft-and-sensitives, then joy-puke as your bullets ricochet towards other targets.
- TEDIORE - Toss your gun like a grenade to reload, then watch it pursue a nearby enemy as a fully loaded version digistructs in your hand.
- TORGUE - Switch between regular and sticky-projectile fire modes. Stickies do more damage if a bunch of them detonate on the same target.
- VLADOF - Augment these rapid-firing, ammo-hungry guns with under-barrel attachments including tasers, rocket tubes, and additional gun barrels.
- MALIWAN - Toggle between two elements, charge your weapon and deal guaranteed elemental damage with your finger glued to the trigger.
- HYPERION - Aim down the sights to take cover behind your weapon-mounted shield and keep your finger on the trigger for increased accuracy.
At the moment we don't know if these perks will be present on all weapons from these manufacturers, or if it is something that needs to be built up to! They do sound like fun though and sound like they will bring a few new tricks to the game's combat.
Borderlands 3 will be releasing on September 13, for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.