Just a few days after fan voting for the 2020 Team of the Year concluded, EA Sports announced the players who won spots on the squad. A total of 11 players made the 2020 starting lineup, and it includes some big names from around the world.
Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo, along with strikers Robert Lewandowski and FIFA 21 cover athlete Kylian Mbappe, are the three players who made the squad up front. The middle has a Premier League flair to it, as Manchester City’s Kevin de Bruyne and Man U’s Bruno Fernandes also made the team. The back features Canadian breakout star Alphonso Davies, along with established stars Trent Alexander-Arnold, Virgil van Dijk, and Sergio Ramos.
Here’s a full breakdown of the 2020 Team of the Year:
- Piemonte Calcio (Juventus) ST Cristiano Ronaldo
- PSG ST Kylian Mbappe
- Bayern Munich ST Robert Lewandowski
- Manchester United CAM Bruno Fernandes
- Manchester City CAM Kevin de Bruyne
- Bayern Munich CDM Joshua Kimmich
- Bayern Munich LB Alphonso Davies
- Real Madrid CB Sergio Ramos
- Liverpool CB Virgil van Dijk
- Liverpool RB Trent Alexander-Arnold
- Bayern Munich GK Manuel Neuer
Bayern Munich was the big winner this year. The Munchen placed four players (Lewandowski, Kimmich, Davies, Neuer) on the Starting XI. Liverpool played two players on the 2020 Team of the Year.