Aside from all of the glory given to Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, it has also been dealt backlash for its number of launch day glitches. In response, developer Mediatonic is attempting to silence critics with the game’s first big patch. On August 12, players will see a handful of improvements to the battle royale’s gameplay and a new, but vicious round game.
The much-needed patch aims to resolve glitches found in some of the round games, matchmaking errors, and also look to add more game chance variation when chosen at random. Users will also see the introduction of Jump Showdown, a new final round game, where the last remaining evade spinning beams and disappearing platforms.
Along with the fixes, Fall Guys’ Twitter account also teased that “new features & costumes” will be coming soon.
Here is the full list of changes coming to the game very soon:
- Lowered the weighting for Royal Fumble to add more final round variation
- Fixed crash at launch with certain regional calendars set in the operating system
- Improved messaging for matchmaking and server errors
- Fixed physics behaving erratically at high framerate on levels like Tip Toe
- Fixed crown in Fall Mountain not being grabbable in rare situations
- Addressed some collisions in Block Party allowing players to bypass the blocks
- Fixed parties sometimes failing due to too many requests
- Addressed some special characters causing display issues in player names
- Fixed Big Tease Achievement not unlocking in specific regions
- Fixed certain game controller models not being detected on PC.