If you haven’t picked up Marvel’s Avengers yet, now may be a great time to do so. As bugs were always in the conversation after the game’s release, the newest update, version 1.2.5 looks to quiet that chatter. Although PC players have already received a similar update (build 12.11) on September 6, console editions will now see things like locked achievements and disappearing outfits being patched.
Aside from this update’s improvements, Square Enix notes in their latest press release that V1.3.0 “will be our biggest yet” and will seek out to resolve “hundreds of smaller qualify of life issues.” There’s no official date set for V1.3.0, but the developer promises to make fans aware beforehand.
Update 1.2.5 fixes
- Resolved an infrequent bug where players are unable to progress with the campaign due to an infinite loading screen.
- This patch does not resolve the fix for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved in V1.3.0.
- Addressed majority of instances of a partially loaded Helicarrier which resulted in characters infinitely falling out of world when trying to access the Avengers Initiative.
- There are rare instances where this could happen still, but the patch ensures that loading back into the main menu and then returning to the Avengers Initiative will resolve it. We are still working to eliminate this bug entirely.
- Campaign Mission reward outfits will no longer disappear from Cosmetics Inventory UI. This presented as costumes that were previously unlocked through campaign progress – such as the Stark Tech outfits – reverting to a locked state.
- We prevented this from happening in V1.2.5, but the patch does not return outfits for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved In V1.3.0.
- Marketplace and Challenge Card outfits will be restored and no longer become re-locked in the Cosmetics Inventory UI. This presented as costumes that were previously unlocked through online play – such as Hero Challenge Card rewards, pattern drops, and faction vendors – reverting to a locked state
- Updated Community Challenge UI that now reflects current community progress.
- Backup Save UI improvements
- Load time optimizations
- Xbox Only: Achievements should now unlock and increment properly. We are still investigating if all Achievements will be granted retroactively – our current theory is that story-based will, but challenge-based will not.