Fortnite Chapter 2: Update 2.40 Patch Notes Corrects Wrong Achievement Progress
There's been a lot of things going on this week for Fortnite. Not only does the game have a new entry in it called Chapter 2, but there are plenty of new mechanics, vehicles, a handful of new weapons, and a brand new battle pass. Players who take part in the battle pass are going to gain access to a variety of unique costumes, emotes, and special in-game cosmetic items. Epic Games posted the most recent patch notes for hotfix 2.40.
Fortnite 2.40 Patch Notes
The patch notes cover a handful of issues and problems some players encountered during the first day the game came back online. It had been gone for roughly 48 hours, stuck in a black hole. When it came out, not everything was the same, and some players were having issues.
Here are the latest patch notes for the game:
2.40 Patch Notes for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4
- Resolved an issue in which players see the wrong Achievements completed. Don’t worry: your correct Achievement progress is being tracked!
- Fixed restart issue.
- Fixed an issue where the screen appears cropped/zoomed in on consoles.
- Fixed issue related to settings — including keybinding — returning to default.
- Fixed an issue causing drops in FPS on PC.
- Addressed crashing issues.
- Added network connection improvements.
- Added fixes for framerate drop and freezing issues.
- Performance and stability improvements.
- Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.
- Other under the hood fixes.
For players who were getting the incorrect achievement progress bar for something they weren't working on, it should now correctly show on your profile. While this wrong bar is going away, players are going to receive progress for the achievements they should have been earning.
Another considerable issue plenty of players on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and occasionally on PC was the incorrect screen format. It made the screen look cropped, forcing players to go into their settings to modify how things looked. We had an article over here discussing how to correct this, and what steps players needed to take. If you're still encountering this issue, make sure to check it out right now and make sure you can see your whole screen correctly.
Fortnite's 2.40 patch has already gone out, so players should see the changes and the download immediately when they get into the game.