Killstreaks have been a long-standing staple of the Call of Duty series that still remains in Call of Duty: Vanguard. They’re all dangerous and will turn the tides of battle in your favor. We’re scared of the attack dogs.
There are four killstreaks that are relatively inexpensive to redeem. They include:
- Intel (3 kills)
- A radar that shows the location of nearby enemies through multiple pulses on the minimap over a short period of time.
- Care Package (4 kills)
- You’ll get the luck of the draw as this care package drops a random killstreak when picked up.
- Unlocked at Level 9.
- Spy Plane (4 kills)
- A more efficient version of Intel as it shows all of the enemy’s locations on the minimap, no matter where they are. It can be shot down, however.
- Unlocked at Level 21.
- Counter Spy Plane (4 kills)
- This does the opposite. It will obscure the minimap for all enemies, so you can’t be seen. This can also be shot down.
- Unlocked at Level 46.
There are five 5-6 kills rewards in Call of Duty: Vanguard so far, and they’re very deadly. They include:
- Glide bomb (5 kills)
- This drops a bomb in a path of your choosing. This is an instant kill with impact.
- Mortar Barrage (5 kills)
- With this killstreak, you can toss a flare cannister and repeated mortar fire will be reigned upon the opposing team, if you get the mark correct.
- Unlocked at Level 30.
- Warmachine (5 kills)
- If you thought the Deathmachine was bad, you have another thing coming. This beast of a weapon is a semi-automatic grenade launcher that can devastate the competition with its explosive power. You’ll keep this weapon even if you die and lose it when all of the grenades have been used.
- Unlocked at Level 42.
- Guard Dog (6 kills)
- This pesky animal can be used to protect a position or to heel.
- Unlocked at Level 34.
- Strafing Run (6 kills)
- A plane can fire upon a targeted area chosen by you.
- Unlocked at Level 50.
This is when it gets serious as the scales are tipped even further. They’re hard to redeem with the sheer amount of kills you need in this breakneck first-person shooter but they’re oh so satisfying to utilize.
- Bombing Run (7 kills)
- Bomber aircraft make three runs, bombarding populated areas. You’ll likely get kills with this.
- Deathmachine (7 kills)
- This weapon is the stuff of nightmares. It is a big machine gun with explosive rounds. If you get killed, you’ll still have it equipped until all the bullets have been used.
- Unlocked at Level 17.
- Emergency Airdrop (8 kills)
- Do you feel lucky? This killstreak drops not one, but three care packages.
- Unlocked at Level 26.
- Flamenaut (9 kills)
- Don a protective suit and reign over the map with a powerful flamethrower. You’ll have a lot of armor to protect you but unlike the Warmachine, if you die, you lose the weapon.
- Attack Dogs (10 kills)
- Oh, boy, we still have bad flashbacks over these pesky canines and now they’ve returned to wreek havoc once again. With this killstreak, you’ll be summoning a pack of unruly attack dogs that will target nearby enemies for a period of time. Unfortunately, dog treats won’t work with these animals.
- Unlocked at Level 13.
- Firebombing Run (10 kills)
- Do you like to play with fire? This killstreak uneashes a line of flame across the map. None can pass through it until it subsides and it kills on impact.
- Unlocked at Level 38.
- Local Informants (12 kills)
- This useful killstreak reveals the location AND direction of every enemy on the map. This could turn the tides of battle.
- Unlocked at Level 54.
Alongside the killstreaks, we recommend you to turn off the haptic feedback or trigger effect as Activision puts it in the settings. This move will give you the most pinpoint accurate version of the multiplayer experience. We prefer competitiveness over immersion any day of the week.