Fortnite may not be one of the flashy brand new launch titles on next-generation consoles, but that doesn’t mean it’ll be the same old battle royale. With the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S making an effort to improve visuals and processing speeds, expect the Epic Games smash hit to take advantage of these and much more.
All PS5 and Xbox Series X/S improvements in Fortnite
In terms of graphics and loading times, players on both of these consoles can see similar enhancements. This obviously includes a boost in frame rate, but also new effects that can be seen in-game. Here are the changes coming to both the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.
- Playing in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second will be optional on PS5 and Xbox Series X. Xbox Series S supports a 1080p resolution at 60FPS.
- Enhanced visuals and physics now allow grass and trees to react to explosions. There are also new Storm and cloud animations, with boosts to smoke and liquid effects.
- Loading times are be improved to allow for faster matchmaking and game start-up speeds.
- Split Screen functionality can support 60 FPS.
Thankfully, Next-gen owners can also transfer their progression data to these versions simply by logging into the same Epic Games account that’s used on PS4 or Xbox One.
PS5 exclusive features
The PlayStation 5 offers added boosts in gameplay experience for most games, mostly due to its nifty UI and DualSense controller. This will also affect Fortnite, changing how you enter games and how you play them.
- Players can enter matchmaking lobbies instantly through the PS5 main menu with the ability to add shortcuts from the PS5’s Activities menu.
- Controller vibration and trigger weight will differ with each type weapon due to the DualSense’s haptic feedback feature.