For trainers looking to add a pair of new Pokémon to their collection in Pokémon Go, Meowstic male and female are decent choices. These Pokémon slightly vary in what they can learn, but they can contain similar stats and typing, and how they vary makes them stand out choices depending on what you need. What are the male Meowstic male and female best movesets, and is one better than the other?
Meowstic males and females are Psychic-type Pokémon. They’re both weak to Bug, Dark, and Ghost-type attacks, but they’re resistant to Fighting and Psychic moves. They have a maximum CP of 2,124, an attack of 166, a defense of 167, and stamina of 179. They’re not going to defeat many players in the Ultra or Master League, but they’re good choices for the Great League and more specialized cups.
These are all the moves the Meowstic male and females can learn.
- Male – Confusion (Psychic-type) – 16 damage and 3 energy (4 damage per turn)
- Male – Sucker Punch (Dark-type) – 5 damage and 3.5 energy (2.5 damage per turn)
- Female – Confusion (Psychic-type) – 16 damage and 3 energy (4 damage per turn)
- Female – Charm (Fairy-type) – 16 damage and 2 energy per turn (5.3 damage per turn)
- Male – Psychic (Psychic-type) – 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to lower opponent’s defense by one rank)
- Male – Energy Ball (Grass-type) – 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to lower opponent’s defenses by one rank)
- Male – Thunderbolt (Electric-type) – 90 damage and 55 energy
- Female – Psychic (Psychic-type) – 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to lower opponent’s defense by one rank)
- Female – Energy Ball (Grass-type) – 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to lower opponent’s defenses by one rank)
- Female – Shadow Ball (Dark-type) – 100 damage and 55 energy
The male and female Meowstic vary in move choices. For the fast attack, for the male, you want to go with confusion. It’s a better choice than sucker punch, although sucker punch does offer the chance to generate more energy per hit. For the female Meowstic, you want to also go with confusion. Charm can be a good option, especially given it’s a Fairy-type, but the direct lack of energy per attack compared to confusion pushes it out.
For the charge moves, you have a few more options for both Pokémon. For the male Meowstic, the first choice of Psychic is a better option than energy ball because of the STAB attack. This increases the amount of damage it can do every time it uses this ability. The real tough decision comes between energy ball or thunderbolt. Given Meowstic’s weaknesses, you probably want to go with energy ball. Thunderbolt might be good, but the added chance to lower an opponent’s defenses is always a good thing to have.
For the female Meowstic, you also want to go with psychic for the first choice, for the same reasons. That extra STAB modifier is always nice to have. For the second option, you run into the same issue with energy ball and a second option. However, for the female Meowstic, you’re better off going with shadow ball. Not only is shadow ball stronger with 10 more added damage for each attack, but the Dark-type attack is also good against other Psychic-type Pokémon.
So, broken down, the male Meowstic’s best moveset consists of confusion for its fast attack and psychic and energy ball for the charge moves. For the female Meowstic, you want to also go with confusion for its fast move and then psychic, and shadow ball for its charge moves. These two are extremely similar, but the slightly different movesets can appeal to different situations, making them both extremely useful.