The best moveset for Mewtwo in Pokémon Go
A legendary among the original 150.
Mewtwo is a powerful legendary Pokémon in Pokémon Go. You have a chance to catch it every so often, and figuring out the best moveset to teach it is critical to ensure you can get the most out of this Pokémon. There are multiple combinations you can go with, but certain choices stand out far above others. This guide covers the best moveset to teach Mewtwo in Pokémon Go.
Best moveset for Mewtwo
Mewtwo is a Psychic-type Pokémon. It’s weak to Bug, Dark, and Ghost-type attacks, and it’s resistant to Fighting and Psychic-type moves. It has a maximum CP of 4,724, an attack of 264, a defense of 165, and stamina of 192. While it has lower defense than many would feel comfortable with, Mewtwo has an incredible attack that makes it one of the best Pokémon in the game, especially in its shadow form. The standard form is excellent for the Master League Classic.
These are all of the moves Mewtwo can learn.
- Confusion (Psychic-type) – 16 damage and 3 energy per turn (4 damage per turn) – 4 turns
- Psycho cut (Psychic-type) – 3 damage and 4.5 energy per turn (1.5 damage per turn) – 2 turns
- Flamethrower (Fire-type) – 90 damage and 55 energy
- Focus Blast (Fighting-type) – 150 damage and 75 energy
- Hyper Beam (Normal-type) – 150 damage and 80 energy
- Ice Beam (Ice-type) – 90 damage and 55 energy
- Psychic (Psychic-type) – 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to lower the opponent’s defense rank by 1)
- Psystrike (Psychic-type) – 90 damage and 45 energy
- Shadowball (Ghost-type) – 100 damage and 55 energy
- Thunderbolt (Electric-type) – 90 damage and 55 energy
When it comes to picking Mewtwo’s fast move, you always want to go with psycho cut. Despite being a weaker attack than confusion, you’re going to be earning a lot more energy every time you use it. The more energy Mewtwo can use, the more often it fires off its charged moves, where the real damage happens. Therefore, psycho cut is a better choice.
For Mewtwo’s charged move attacks, you want to go with psystrike and shadowball. Psystrike is a substantial Psychic-type attack that does not require too much energy to use. You can quickly fire this out against an opponent, shredding through their health or baiting out a shield. The second option will be shadowball, a Ghost-type move that makes Mewtwo challenging to counter as Ghost-type Pokémon are the go-to options in the Master League.
The best moveset to teach Mewtwo is the fast move psycho cut and the charged moves psystrike and focus blast.