Destiny 2’s Season of the Drifter has just begun. This means new Exotics have arrived in the game, and we are rightfully excited about the prospect. There appears to be five new Exotics that we know about, although how exactly you can get your hands on these is a mystery at the moment.
On top of this, there also appears to be a “Classified” item that remains hidden to us all at the moment. The most obvious explanation is that this is an Exotic that is being kept a secret for now, possibly because it ties into a future quest. Some people have hinted that it might even be the counterpoint to Thorn, the Rose. I am not sure I am buying that, if I am honest.
The ones we know about for sure are the Thorn Hand Cannon, Arbalest Linear Fusion Rifle, and then a trio of Gauntlets, one new one for each class.
Season Of The Drifter’s New Exotics
Let’s take a look at what we know about each of the new Exotics, and the kind of perks they will have.
Thorn – Hand Cannon
- Mark of the Devourer: Rounds pierce targets and deal damage over time. Kills with this weapon leave behind Remnants.
- Soul Devourer: Absorbing a Remnant strengthens Mark of the Devourer and partially refills the magazine.
Arbalest – Linear Fusion Rifle
- Compounding Force: Fires slugs that cause massive damage to elemental shields.
- Disruption Break: Breaking an enemies shields with this weapon makes them more vulnerable to Kinetic Damage for a brief period.
Liar’s Handshake – Hunter Gauntlets
- Cross Counter: Using your Arc melee ability or being hit by a melee attack will allow you to follow up with an extremely powerful melee counter punch that will heal you.
Stronghold – Titan Gauntlets
- Clenched Fist: Guarding with Swords increases move speed and does not drain ammo.
Getaway Artist – Warlock Gauntlets
- Dynamic Duo: Hold to convert your Arc Grenade into a supercharged Arc Soul. The Arc Souls functions as an autonomous turret.
So there you go! Now you know what new Exotics you will be hunting down during the Season of the Drifter. Best of luck getting your hands on them Guardian, and may RNGesus smile upon you.
The Season of the Drifter is available now on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.