The Season of Arrivals in Destiny 2 focuses on the dreaded Darkness making its final approach to Earth. The Pyramid Ships are here, filled with menace and mystery. This season will bring us all the way into September, when the game’s next major update, Beyond Light, will launch.
So far, the Season of Arrivals has introduced some interesting mechanics to the game, like the new Umbral Engrams that can be focused to reward items from a more targeted loot pool, which is certainly a welcome addition to the game.
- June 9 – Contact Public Event arrives on Io. This new PvE activity pits you against a hoard of enemies in Asher Mir’s backyard.
- June 9 – The Prophecy Dungeon – a whole new Dungeon to run through with your fireteam, featuring new Daito armor.
- June 9 – Mission Interference and Weekly Quest – a slowly evolving series of quests that grows each week and rewards Pinnacle Gear.
- July 7 – Sep 22 – Moments of Triumph, new Triumphs, and Seals to earn before the end of the season.
- Aug 11 – Sep 8 – Solstice of Heroes – the Solstice of Heroes returns with all-new glowing Legendary armor up for grabs.
There are plenty of more activities that Bungie leaves off the Roadmap to avoid spoilers. Weapon quests are a prime example, and you can expect some of them to come your way this season as a way to earn new weaponry.
Season of Arrivals will be setting the stage for Beyond Light, which will feature the attempts of the Darkness to lure Guardians over to a new power, Stasis. This is the first time a new element will be added to the game since its inception. Season of Arrivals will run until Sep. 22.