Far Cry 5 has a co-op mode in which you can take a Specialist or Companion with you during various missions. These are AI Controlled specialists in the game that will follow you. They have their own unique set of skills that can help you in hunting, fight, etc. In this guide, you will get tips on where to find Specialists or Warriors, how to recruit the best one, and how what skills they have.
Tips On Picking The Best Companions (Specialist)
The supporters in Far Cry 5 are best to divide into two categories, one is Warrior and the second one is Specialists. During the game, you will find ample of NPC’s whom you can recruit instantly after playing an objective. You will get an option on the screen to recruit them. You can add up to 3 warriors on your list. Every warrior comes with two sets of unique skills. You can keep a companion with you till the end or you can discharge them when you find warriors with similar skills or if they are no longer needed.
The Specialist is the second group of NPC players who come with default gear, for example, some of them have vehicles or a helicopter that can be essentially used to transport. They also come with unique skills. Below you can see the list of all Specialists and their unique skill sets.
Far Cry 5 Companions (Specialist) List and their Abilities
You can travel with only one warrior or specialist at a time, this means you have to pick them before starting your objectives. But there is a way to go with two of them, you have to buy Leadership Perk for 6 Points, and you can take two of them with you. So if you are taking two, try taking the ones with different skills. They can pass out after taking heavy damage, you can go and revive them. If you don’t revive them for certain regions, then there will be a long spawn time after which they will be available once again. You can buy perks for Specialist also, that will cost 4 perk points for each set of skills you upgrade.
Boomer: The dog is good for scouting, you can use it to tag down enemies around, but don’t use it for fighting.
- Class: Scout.
- Ability 1: Pointer – Tags all nearby enemies.
- Ability 2: Retriever – It can fetch a weapon sometime after an attack.
- Location: You can find Boomer Rae-Rae’s pumpkin farm in Holland Valley. There you will have to play Man’s best friend mission.
Cheeseburger: The huge bear is a good fighter, it has good health bar and it can be used to distract enemies group.
- Class: Heavy.
- Ability 1: Bear Arms – Exercises his right arm attack.
- Ability 2: Cross to Bear – Draws focus during combat.
- Location: Go to F.A.N.G. center in Whitetail mountains, liberate the outpost first and then talk to Wade. He will give you a mission to find fresh fish. Get the fish and head to the next location where once again you will have to liberate the area, and feed fish to bear.
Peaches: The mountain lion is amazing when it comes to stealth take down. But she doesn’t has good health so you have to ensure that the lioness doesn’t get spotted by enemies.
- Class: Stealth.
- Ability 1: Pounces – Takes down enemies silently.
- Ability 2: Stalk – Stays hidden when moving through tall grass.
- Location: Go to Peaches Taxydermy in Henbane River. Find Miss Mable and you will get a mission Here, Kitty, Kitty.
Nick Rye: Use Nick for air attack, drop bombs on outposts to take down multiple enemies.
- Class: Pilot.
- Ability 1: Bomb’s Away – Drop bombs on enemies.
- Ability 2: Light ‘Em Up – Attack with strafing gun.
- Location: Go to Rye & Sons Aviation in Holland Valley, liberate the area and talk to Nick. He will give you a mission Wingman where you have to bring his plane back.
Hurk Drubman Jr.: Use his RPG skills to blow up vehicles chasing you, but if you are playing a mission to save hostages, then he is not the man.
- Class: RPG.
- Ability 1: Heat Seeker – Track air and land vehicles with RPG.
- Ability 2: Junk It – Use more destructive RPG’s on vehicles.
- Location: Go to Fort Drubman in Whitetail mountains. Talk to Drubman Sr. he will give yo a mission The Prodigal Son.
Sharky Boshaw: Sharky is a close range fighter, he prefers to burn down everything using a flamethrower and take down enemies using shotgun.
- Class: Heavy Flamer.
- Ability 1: Fire It Up – Attacks have an extra spark to them.
- Ability 2: Shatterproof – Resistance to most explosion and impacts.
- Location: Go to Moonflower Trailer Park, it is located on the north side of Hope County Jail in Faith’s region. You will find Sharky using flamethrower on angels, talk to him and you will get mission Burn, Baby Burn.
Jess Black: Use Jess amazing stealth skills to silently take down outpost. She is also a great hunter, animals don’t run away from her.
- Class: Hunter.
- Ability 1: Concealment – Enemies cannot detect her easily.
- Ability 2: Feral Friendly – Wild animals will see her as one of their own and won’t run away.
- Location: Go to Baron Lumber Mill in Whitetail mountains. Liberate the outpost find Jess and talk to her. She will give you a mission A Dish Best Served Cold.
Adelaide Drubman: A helicopter pilot, very helpful to ambush enemies group with her big magazines that only means to shoot.
- Class: Pilot.
- Ability 1: Call a Chopper – Call her for help, she will deliver a helicopter.
- Ability 2: Less Reload – Gun with big magazine means shooting only.
- Location: Go to Drubman Marina in Henbane River. Liberate the area and talk to Marina, you will get a mission Friendly Skies.
Which Are The Best Companions To Play With In Far Cry 5
Now comes the question which is the best one to travel with. It is important to unlock Leadership Perk as soon as possible so that you can have two of them with you. Now taking the specialist depends on the way you want to play the game. For example, if you love to play with Stealth then going with Jess Black and Peaches are the best options. When it comes to ambushing and fighting in an open area then Hank, Sharky or Adelaide are best to go with. As your second option, you can keep Cheeseburger with you. You can use the Bear to distract enemies. If there is a mission where you will be targeting an aircraft then pick Nick. Adelaide is also good in destroying enemy helicopters.
So these are the best companions you can take with you in Far Cry 5. Grace Armstrong is one more companion in the game who specializes in sniping. Her skills are great if she is able to find a good vantage point. You can recruit her at the very early stage, just after defending the Lamb of God church in Holland Valley. For more similar tips like this, you can read our Far Cry 5 Wiki guide.