Ganyu is the next character who will be arriving in Genshin Impact. She is the secretary at the Yuehai Pavilion, but don’t let that fool you, she is also a very competent fighter.
She is a bow user, who also employs Cryo abilities to freeze and damage her enemies. Like all bow users, she can use a charged attack to inflict area-of-effect damage on enemies, along with all her other skills and abilities.
If you are looking for some build ideas for Ganyu, be sure to check out our guide. Ganyu is shaping up to be an insane DPS, with a couple of interesting build options.
- Normal Attack: Perform up to 6 consecutive shots with a bow.
- Charged Attack: Perform a more precise Aimed Shot with increased damage. While aiming, an icy aura will form on the arrowhead before the arrow if fired. This has multiple effects, depending on charge level.
- At Charge Level 1 – fires off an icy arrow that deals Cryo damage.
- At Charge Level 2 – Fire off a Frostflake Arrow that deals Cryo damage to the target, and in an area around the target.
Trial of The Qilin
Leaving behind a single Ice Lotus, Ganyu dashes backward, dealing AoE Cry damage and shunning all impurity. The Ice Lotus continuously taunts surrounding enemies, distracting them.
The endurance of the Ice Lotus scaled with Ganyu’s Max HP, and it will bloom dramatically when it is destroyed, dealing AoE Cryo damage.
Ganyu coalesces atmospheric frost and snow to summon a Sacred Cryo Pearl. While active, the Sacred Cryo Pearl will continuously rain down shards of ice, striking opponents and doing AoE Cryo damage.
- Undivided Heart – After firing a Frostflake Arrow, the critical rate of subsequent Frostflake Arrows and their resulting bloom effect is increased by 20% for 5 seconds.
- Harmony of Heaven and Earth – Characters within the radius of Celestial Shower gain a 20% Cryo DMG Bonus
- Preserved for the Hunt – Refunds 15% of the ores used when crafting Bow type weapons.
|1||Dew-Drinker||Taking DMG from a Charge Level 2 Frostflake Arrow or Frostflake Arrow Bloom decreases opponents’ Cryo RES by 15% for 6s. A hit regenerates 2 Energy for Ganyu. This effect can only occur once per Charge Level Frostflake Arrow, regardless if Frostflake Arrow itself or its Bloom hit the target.|
|2||The Auspicious||Trail of the Qilin gains 1 additional charge.|
|3||Cloud-Strider||Increases the Level of Celestial Shower by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.|
|4||Westward Sojourn||Opponents standing within the area of effect of Celestial Shower take increased DMG. This effect strengthens over time. Increased DMG taken begins at 5% and increases by 5% every 3 seconds, up to a maximum of 25%. The effect lingers for 3s after the opponent leaves the area of effect.|
|5||The Merciful||Increases the Level of Trail of the Qilin by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.|
|6||The Clement||Using Trail of the Qilin causes the next Frostflake Arrow shot within 30 seconds to not require charging.|
You will need the following talent Ascension materials to ascend Ganyu’s talents:
- Talent Level 1 to 2 – Teachings of Diligence x3, Whopperflower Nectar x6
- Talent Level 2 to 3 – Guide to “Diligence” x2 Shimmering Nectar x3
- Talent Level 3 to 4 – Guide to “Diligence” x4 and Shimmering Nectar x4
- Talent Level 4 to 5 – Guide to “Diligence” x6 and Shimmering Nectar x6
- Talent Level 5 to 6 – Guide to “Diligence” x9 and Shimmering Nectar x9
- Talent Level 6 to 7 – Philosophies of “Diligence” x4 and Energy Nectar x4
- Talent Level 7 to 8 – Philosophies of “Diligence” x6 and Energy Nectar x6
- Talent Level 8 to 9 – Philosophies of “Diligence” x12 and Energy Nectar x9
- Talent Level 9 to 10 – Philosophies of “Diligence” x16 and Energy Nectar x12