Guacamelee! 2 is a stunning side-scrolling game that takes you on a journey of Metroidvania-style adventure. The game world is huge that also supports co-op mode. There around six different bosses in the game El Muneco, Uay Pek, Zope Y Cactuardo, Jaguar Javier, Uay Pek Rematch and Salvador. Among this Jaguar Javier is a secret boss that means you can skip the fight with it if you want. In this guide, you can find tips on dealing with each of them.
Tips To Defeat All Guacamelee! 2 Bosses
If you skip Jaguar Javier who is hidden in a secret challenge, then there are overall 5 boss fight. Jaguar Javier is one of the toughest boss in Guacamelee! 2.
How To Defeat El Muneco
El Muneco is the first boss in Guacamelee! 2. He is a magician and he can summon spiky walls along with small enemies around to attack you. You have to survive till El Muneco does not return to its normal form and then attack him. You can roll through projectiles and in the same way you can avoid his melee attacks. To tackle tornado you have to set up a spike trap and go behind it. Following you, the boss will walk upon it. El Muneco will pause for an after an attack, that is your window to release some good attacks on him.
How To Win:
- In the first phase of fight dodge the chickens. Use the walls to get near him and keep attacking.
- In the second phase of the fight, you have to protect yourself from the waves of chicken. Use the wall around you. El Muneco will appear as the waves end and this is your chance to hit him.
- In the third and final phase of the fight, you have to protect yourself from chicken and zombies. After a short while, he will spawn again, keep fighting.
How To Defeat Uay Pek
This one is a long fight. Uay Pek will attack you with a beam of light and after you depleted some of his health he will lock himself in a room. You won’t be able to get him, just fight with the enemies that will spawn around you and then attack him. You will also have to dodge the laser attack.
How To Win:
- During the first phase of the fight, he will attack you with missiles. Keep dodging them and also attack Uay Pek side by side.
- In the second phase, you will be fighting with a lot of skeletons, Uay Pek will summon to attack you.
- In the third phase of the fight, you will have to face his clones that will shoot missiles on you. Dodge his attacks and fight all the clones.
- In the fourth phase, you will have to fight with a huge skeleton, target the head and the heart.
- In the fifth phase once again you will be fighting face to face with him.
- In the sixth phase, there will be some new creatures that will spawn and there will be a timer also. You have to defeat them before the time runs out.
- In the second last phase there will be another huge skeleton, once again target the head and the heart and finally in the last phase, you will fight a dragon. Just wait for his landing and then attack.
How To Defeat Zope Y Cactuardo
Here you have to target Zope who is the bird on the boss that looks like a cactus. Once you attack the bird you will be able to see the weak point of the boss. The bird will not attack you, it will just fly high so that your attacks will fail to reach it. On the other side, Cactuardo will summon spikes o the wall, you can avoid that by wallrun. He will summon ore spikes you have to escape them.
How To Win:
- In the first phase of the battle, you will have to dodge Zope’s attack. Once done attack the bird whenever you get chance.
- In the second phase, you will see Zope on top of Cactuardo covered in needles. If you try attacking you will face damage, so you have to use the walls to push off the bird from Cactuardo’s head.
- Once you are able to push the bird away the needles will disappear for some time and you can attack the boss.
How To Defeat Jaguar Javier
Jaguar Javier is a hidden secret boss in Guacamelee! 2. If you want you can completely avoid it, and if you pick to fight then you will be facing one of the toughest one. The boss is located in the Golden Egg location. You will earn a key piece here, and it is located in Los Manglares the first zone. You will need the wallfly ability to reach it, also there will be lots of enemies in your path.
How To Win:
- The Jaguar will us two type of attack. A ranged beam attack and a charge attack. You have to dodge this attacks. Try to corner the boss near the wall and then attack, you will face less damage.
- In the second phase once half of his health is down he will summon, one more similar looking jaguar in the battle. Now you have two. Attack the first boss only and after further depleting this health he will summon another. Now there are total three.
- Target the first Jaguar and then go with the other one. In this way, you won’t take much damage. Keep pushing them in the corner.
How To Defeat Uay Pek Rematch
Uay Pek is the second last boss in the game, he is not tough to beat. He might look huge and strong but with the right strategy you can take down the boss. He boss is not hard to beat but he uses a lot of tricks and the fight is long.
How To Win:
- In the first phase of the fight, you will have to dodge his missile attacks. After that attack Uay Pek whenever you get a chance.
- In the second phase, you will have to deal with a lot of skeletons around you, defeat them.
- Next, in the third phase of the fight, he summons many clones of himself, and they all will shoot missiles on you. You have to dodge the missiles and defeat all the clones.
- In the fourth phase, he will summon a giant skeleton, target the head and heart.
- You will be fighting with Uay Pek once again in the fifth phase, just dodge his attacks and beat him whenever you get a chance.
- In the sixth phase, the boss will summon a lot of new creatures in the game, you have to kill them before the time runs out.
- Once again you will be fighting with a giant skeleton in the seventh phase, fight him and aim for the same head and heart.
- In the last phase, you will have to defeat a dragon. Avoid his charges attack, you can hit him whenever he lands on the ground.
How To Defeat Salvador
After dealing with all above you will be facing the final boss Salvador. Once the fight begins you have to fight with two giant snakes. Both will have a separate health bar, and after kill one, the other will become more powerful by turning into the red. Focus on one snake at a time. Next, you will fight with Javier and he will change his shield constantly. The shield has spikes if you try to break them you will face damage. At this point, you have to dodge his attacks.
How To Win:
- In the first phase dodge the serpent attack. Then target the serpent head. Keep attacking until the second phase begins.
- In the next one, you have to turn him into a chicken and beat the boss until his shield breaks.
- And in the last phase just dodge the charge attack, go behind the boss and attack him. Keep repeating this to win the battle.
With proper strategy and after learning the attack pattern it will become easier for you to deal with all the bosses in Guacamelee! 2.